Looking for a barn beam for a mantel

Billm0066

Bill
User
Does anyone near the triangle have something laying around they would be willing to sell? I will grab measurements today but looking for something around 5' or less and 6"+ thick and 6"+ deep would be preferred. Looking for something old and gray/brown or a combination. Preferably a hardwood and not pine but open to anything.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not very close and not cheap either, but the Corner Store in Meadows of Dan, VA has a lot of rough sawn mantles for sale. They look very nice - all different kinds and shades of wood. Meadows of Dan is very near Mabry Mill on the Parkway so you could turn a shopping trip into a mini vacation. The Laurel on the Parkway is just starting to bloom.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Don't know if these would work for what you need pm sent

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210226-202613_Message+.jpg
    Screenshot_20210226-202613_Message+.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 117

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
there was a place in Garner - operating pre-pandemic - that had decent selection of barnwood. Purchased some stock there once. Unfortunately I can't recall the name but I will search a bit,
Found it - The Barn Side of a Broad - everything I saw was pre-March 2020 though. so no promises

Opening Hours
Saturday11:00 - 17:00

Telephone
(919) 473-3252

Products
raw barn wood sales, custom farmhouse and barn wood furniture pieces, project design, furniture sales, lumber sales, signs, tables, barn doors, antiques, one of a kind

dgnorton

New User
David
Hi Bill,

I have a walnut beam that fits that description pretty well. I don't have the exact dimensions handy but it's a bit over 8' long, about 6" or 7" thick, and about 10" or 11" deep. I'll get the exact measurements if you're interested. It's circled in red in the picture below.

1626355988584.png

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS