Looking for 48” T8 shop lights

Sam Knight

Sam Knight
Sam
Corporate Member
Hi all. I know a lot of woodworkers have been upgrading their shop lighting to LEDs. I’m looking for someone willing to part with 3 to 4 48” T8 shop light fixtures. No tubes needed. I bought some grow light tubes and want to make a plant grow rack. Let me know if you can help.
Thanks,
Sam

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Sam, have a couple of Phil's rescued t-8 fixtures. They are 2 X4 fixtures, with three tubes. The ballast would have to be changed, which would cost more than converting to LED's. I'm in Apex, not far from Jordon Lake picnic site

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
You can buy bulbs from Green Light Depot that will work with no ballast change

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Sam- I have some that I took down and have been in storage for a few years. You are welcome to them. I’m just outside of Winston Salem. Not sure if all the ballasts are functional

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sam,
I had seen them in the past, so did a quick check on Costco's website - Koda brand(?? never heard of them) 4,000 Kelvin 46 inch long LED shop lights - 2-pack for $79.99.

There is another Koda brand shop light that is 4600 K and 46 inches long, but it has a remote control - but not available on-line - "May be available at your local Costco store"

TBH I think that is a little high priced, I think I saw a fixture either at Wally world or ACE Hardware that was 5,000 Kelvin that was $25 or $30 each...

I just checked that old online book club with some interesting results... Amazon.com : 4FT LED Shop Light for garages,4800LM,42W 5000K Daylight White, Linear Worklight Fixture with Plug, with Pull Chain (ON/Off),2Pack 50K

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
I have several that I removed from my shop. They have been gathering dust for about 1 year.
Not sure if they use T8 bulbs. But you would be welcome to them.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS