Lookikng for Canadian Geese pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Hi Cathy, I've got one but don't do much. I sent you a PM a while back but don't know if you ever got it. My wife is Canada Goose nuts. In fact she has her very own. Well, I guess everybody has one by now! Anyway, what I hoped to find out from you was if you could direct me to some patterns for geese. And some ornaments as well. I've got a ton of scrap I'd like to do something with. I did this freehand a couple of days ago for her to paint when she gets a chance. You can see why I need patterns!

Thanks,
Joe
SSGoose.jpg

cskipper

Cathy
Re: Lookikng for scroll saw folks

I'mm sorry, I didn't get your PM. You did MUCH better with the goose than I could do. I've got a ton of patterns that I have accumulated that I'll go through and see if there are any geese. I have bought a lot of books that have given me a good base. Now I tend to get patterns mostly from the magazines that we either subscribe to or buy (almost every wood magazine published.) It seems like the latest scroll saw magazine (not sure of the actual name) or Creative Woodworks Craft magazine (the one with the Christmas ornaments) had a goose ornament pattern. The Creative Woodwork Crafts magazine always has a pull-out section of patterns. I get really good ideas/tips from all the woodworking magazines. My books and patterns are at home - I'll check later this week when I get there. You can buy books and at the woodworking stores, book stores, Amazon.com.... You can pick up the magazines everywhere from Walmart to Lowes/Home Depot, book stores woodworking stores.... Do an internet search for Canadian Goose scroll saw patterns and see what you get.

I also have several stained glass pattern books and quilting books/magazines. My goal for these are to convert them to some type of intarsia/marquetry/?? There are a couple of scroll saw MSN groups that I'll look up and send to you too. You might want to ignore a lot of the postings - they get a little snippy at each other so I mostly only use them for patterns.

I hope that's not too much info, and that I haven't broken any rules by naming specific publications or stores...

cskipper

Cathy
Re:Canadian Geese

I looked through the patterns I have and don't find anything but a very basic drawing that might or might not be a Canadian goose. I also didn't see any patterns for Canadian Geese in these groups' items, but I only did a quick look at these scroll saw related MSN groups:

ScrollsawPatternsSellandTrade

http://groups.msn.com/ScrollsawPatternsSellandTrade/general.msnw

scroll saw portraits

scrollsawportraits@groups.msn.com

Woodworking

Woodworking@groups.msn.com

Scroll Sawing Art

ScrollSawingArt@groups.msn.com

Free Scrollsaw Patterns

FreeScrollsawPatterns@groups.msn.com

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe

Thanks Cathy, I couldn't find much either. But I do appreciate the time you spent looking for me. One of us may 'stumble' on something. Are you looking for something in particular that I can keep a look out for?
Joe

cskipper

Cathy

Nothing really specific - maybe trivet patterns (gott'a think Christmas gifts!!). I'll scan the few I found and e-mail them to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS