Long time, no gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
Now I have a gloat, This was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday.

Makita_4_.JPG

I ordered it from CPO Wednesday and it arrived yesterday, talk about fast shipping, and only $4.95 for shipping. Steve Coles turned me on to CPO, I was very impressed with their prices and speedy delivery.

All set up on my stand. It's wider then my DeWalt was, so moving it in and out of the shop as needed isn't going to work as well. I'll probably get around to building a permanent bench for it.

Makita_3_.JPG

Makita_2_.JPG

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Nice score Rob. From what little I've read, Makita is supposed to be an excellent machine. :icon_thum

Bill

Rob

New User
Rob
When I started looking at sliding miter saws, the Makita got the best reviews. Bearings on both rails instead of just one for more accuracy. Course it's not in Festools league, but they are out of my price range, and I'm not keen on not being able to buy blades from anyone but Festool.

jhreed

New User
james
OK Rob, you made me jealous. Makita makes great tough tools. I bought them in my work for over 30 years. No complaints. And the sliding miter is so versatile.
James

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
When I started looking at sliding miter saws, the Makita got the best reviews. Bearings on both rails instead of just one for more accuracy. Course it's not in Festools league, but they are out of my price range, and I'm not keen on not being able to buy blades from anyone but Festool.

The accuracy was the thing I remember from the reviews I read. I've come to think of my 12" Dewalt as an okay construction tool, but not for fine woodworking. That's why I built the miter sled for my TS, modeled after bobbyg's.

Bill

PS: Rob, did you get an email from me about a workbench?

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Nice score Rob...... I got to see the latest slider from Bosch at a local WW club in my area. The president works for them and has brought in new products on occasion. Nice saw, pricey but moves effortlessly. Should be released to the public soon. Pricey but not quite in the Festool range.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve Coles turned me on to CPO, I was very impressed with their prices and speedy delivery.
Yeah they very good most of the time. Though once in a while I found much better prices elsewhere. No constancy about where. So I'll take a quick look first. Usually CPO will price match but not always

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Great score!
Not familiar with CPO, I'll have to look for them.
The Makita tools I've got and used are all quality tools. I always felt I got my money's worth if not more.

Rob

New User
Rob
The only Makita tool I've owned that I was disappointed with was my 14v drill, drill works well, but like my 12v Dewalt better. The makita batteries didn't last more then a couple years, and it costs as much to replace them as it would to buy a new drill.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
The only Makita tool I've owned that I was disappointed with was my 14v drill, drill works well, but like my 12v Dewalt better. The makita batteries didn't last more then a couple years, and it costs as much to replace them as it would to buy a new drill.

I have a Makita 1/4 sheet palm sander that I try to avoid as much as possible. In fact, I gave it to my Dad in the 1990's, then inherited it back after he passed away. It's more of a nuisance than a help. Of course, it's almost 20 years old now. They've probably made a few improvements since then. :gar-La;

Bill

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Nice score bro! :icon_thum
I hope it fits your needs as well or better than the DeWalt you replaced. :tool:

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS