Locking up during reply to post or PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
The last few days, the site has been locking up when I try to post a reply, or send a pm. Get all of the typing done, hit reply and poof, It has to recover page and all my input is gone.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I'm going to guess everyone is using IE as that is the scenario in which I've experienced the same behavior.

Since the new site upgrade, IE only appears to be stable when used with this site for short periods of time. After a day or so (less if using heavily) you have to exit all instances of IE wait a few minutes for IE to fully shutdown (wait for iexplore.exe to disappear in the Task Manager) then restart IE and everything will (should) work for awhile before it starts acting up.

I don't have a clue what is causing it other than to say that it is at least partly IE itself (I have this issue elsewhere with IE9 as well) and probably partly some of the new code used by vBulletin. The Advanced editor as well as the Smiley and photo-insertion features seem to exacerbate the issue further but it does eventually impair the Quick reply editor as well, even if you stay away from the more troublesome features. Eventually it will deteriorate to a point where you click to submit your reply and the browser just seems to hang forever. Sometimes, after very many minutes the post will complete (if you don't interrupt it) and other times the session end up hung forever. Sometimes clearing the "recover page" popup notice (click the 'x') and then waiting will eventually save your post and allow it to go through many minutes later (then immediately close IE and restart) and other times it will not.

Hopefully some of the upcoming code updates might improve upon the stability issues and hopefully Microsoft will eventually correct some of their own as well. Until then, I have been mostly relying on Firefox, which has been handling the new site with zero issues the pas couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS