Locating a sawmill/planning a trip

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Been looking for 12/4 walnut and cherry. So far, I've located some at the Hardwood store and I will stop by and see Eric at the sawmill in Raeford, too.

I live in NE FL & wondering if there are any other sawmills in a reasonable distance off the I-95 corridor.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
If you're going to Raeford, you may as well go on up hwy. 1 toward Raleigh and stop in to see Scott Smith's operation. From there you can head northwest to The Hardwood Store, or continue on to Raleigh and back toward I-95.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
A casual 487 mile road trip from Baldwin FL to Gibsonville, NC just to get some 12/4 lumber? I suppose having the Hardwood Store (Jeff Shaw) select the lumber to your specifications and shipping it via UPS is out of the question?

We used to have a list of sawyers by region but I can't find it in the new system so I couldn't find Eric in Raeford.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Jeff,

I'm probably missing someone, but the only places I've found it was the Hardwood store. And I'm not totally happy with that, as its skip planed to you never know what the actual thickness is gonna be. What I really want is rough lumber from a sawmill but I've come to the conclusion nobody will saw 12/4 unless you order it.

My brother and I make a road trip of it and spend some good time together.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
When are you planning this trip? The NCWW yearly picnic is May 18. Be an excellent time for your trip!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS