Local (triangle) source for dimensional lumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourwould

New User
Taylor
Building a shed. Would like to get my framing material locally, if possible. Rough sawn is fine. If I'm going to pay a fortune for a 2x6, it might as well go to someone around here.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
After Monday, expect lumber prices to start downward in price. That's when President Chumps tarrifs on Canadian lumber goes off.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Building a shed. Would like to get my framing material locally, if possible. Rough sawn is fine. If I'm going to pay a fortune for a 2x6, it might as well go to someone around here.

What's wrong with the dimensional lumber at Talbert's, Lowe's, or HD in Durham for building a shed!

Last edited:

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
He made is reasons clear in the post. Why the question?

Jeff

New User
Jeff
it might as well go to someone around here.

Taylor's reason is clear to me, but why not support a business around here, not just someone.

All businesses get what they sell somewhere but it's not usually an individual that's local. I don't know of anyone local that makes dimensional lumber for building a shed.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Taylor's reason is clear to me, but why not support a business around here, not just someone.
We typically choose the chain due to lower price. If the current price for dimensional number at a BORG* is relatively close to that of a local building supplier, why not support the small business instead?

*Big Ole Retail Giant"

Jeff

New User
Jeff
We typically choose the chain due to lower price. If the current price for dimensional number at a BORG* is relatively close to that of a local building supplier, why not support the small business instead?

*Big Ole Retail Giant"

I understand and agree with that. Where do you get your dimensional lumber from a local building supplier in Rural Hall? My local supplier is Talbert Lumber in Roxboro and Durham. Delete my suggestion of Lowe's and HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS