Local, Ral, Sheet Steel Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Anyone know of a local, Raleigh area, source for sheet steel? Perhaps other than Dillion Supply?

I've got a bro looking for some 3/8" (preferred) or 1/2" thick sheets of AR400 or AR500 sheet steel. I guess the only requirement be that the sheets fit in a 1/2 ton pickup.

TIA,
Brian.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
You might try Steel and Pipe Corp in Sanford, but AR400 and 500 steel plate is pretty uncommon. Potential local purchasers would be heavy equipment manufacturers, such as Caterpillar (who has plants in Sanford and Clayton).

Depending upon the sizes that he needs, the scrapyard in Sanford may have scrap left over from the Caterpillar plant.

1/2" thick steel plate weighs around 20 lbs per square foot.

You might have better luck in Greensboro. Check with Ryerson or O'Neal.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Apex Steel where Salem St. intersects Hwy. 64, almost under the bridge. I don't know if they would carry that particular type (don't even know what that means) but they have always been a good source for me in the past for common steel needs.

Dave:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
AR steel plate is very hard it is an abrasion resistant steel, we used it a the coal burning power plant in NJ to line all of the equiptment for moving coal and ash. It's very tough stuff to deal with. Sorry Brian, but I don't know of any place that carries it.:dontknow:

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Thanks for the responses guys. :icon_thum I'll pass the info along and see if he gets any hits.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS