Local Lumber Suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBHelms

New User
Brad
Hey everybody! 1st post to the community, so be patient. I’m in Greensboro, and I’m looking for a good lumber supplier in the area. I’ve been getting rough and ply from Worth, but it a little pricey. I’m looking for rough cut, live edge slabs, and finished plys. Any help? Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Xlogger

New User
Ricky
Hi Brad, I live above Durham in Bahama area. I keep a good supply of kiln dried live edge slabs on hand along with cedar, oak, pecan lumber and more. pm me if you would like me to call and give directions.
Ricky

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Check with Glen Samuels at gpshardwoods@gmail.com or 352-895-4170

he stocks maple, cherry, and walnut. Sometimes a little of something else

last time I was there he had some large slabs with live edge and very nice grain

oh, and he is just South of Kernersville.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Our lumber suppliers are like candy stores dotted across the state. Another of our members, Scott Smith, often has some great deals and live edge. Give him a call and see what he has. Like the others listed here always worth the trip. His website is quartersawnoak.com

JBHelms

New User
Brad
Wow, thanks for the help guys! These will totally help for a job that I’m getting ready to start. I’ll reach out to these folks this week! And Ricky, I’ll shoot you a pm.

Little about me: I do carpentry work mostly... cabinets, crown, trim, etc... I’m trying to branch into more fine woodwork. I just picked up a jointer and a planer so I can mill my own rough stock. I plan on building a bed, a few end tables, and I’m thinking a live edge dinner table in the near future. I hope to start building my kitchen cabinets this year, as well. I really like joinery. I just think it’s cool. Some of the Japanese stuff blows my mind! Anyways, thanks again for the help everyone!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Welcome, our annual Picnic is May 19 at Jordan Lake, Seaforth Shelter. You are welcome to join us! We would love to have you.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Hey Brad ...I would ride over and see thefolks at the Hardwood Store. They will have whatever you need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS