Local Chapter of SAPFM meeting soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerome B

New User
Jerome
Yes I still live Just lost beneith my to do pile.

I recently got an update on the Society of American Furniture Maker's new local chapter.

Here goes:

[FONT=&quot]As many of you may know who attended the SAPFM mid-year conference, we putting together a Carolinas chapter. The purpose of the chapter is the development of relationships and the exchange information regarding the construction of period furniture pieces. A local chapter allows for a more convenient interface among members of the same geographical area.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We plan to have bi-annual meetings. We have a number of accomplished woodworkers in this area and we hope to tap their knowledge as their time permits. However, the programs will come primarily from all of us. We will have presenters scheduled for each meeting but there will be, and should be, an interchange of ideas among everyone. We all have skills and techniques that work for us and we can all benefit from that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We have tentatively scheduled our first meeting for Saturday, Nov. 1 and Sunday, Nov. 2. Mr. John McAlister has offered to conduct a ball and claw carving program, pending confirmation of his schedule. Jim Gerken has generously offered his shop in the Greensboro area for meeting. Ideas for future meetings include finishing techniques, inlay and stringing, veneering, trip to MESDA museum, and a trip to High Point library. We will solicit ideas from everyone as we go forward.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you are interested in participating in this chapter please let me know by responding to this e-mail. If you know of members that may not be on this list, please feel free to let them me know (advise me as well so that they can be included on future notices). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As plans get finalized, I will send further information. We look forward to a strong turn-out and welcome any questions or suggestions. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bill Sutton, PE
Charlotte, NC 28202
[/FONT]

william.sutton@shawgrp.com
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Phone: 704-331-7680[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cell: 704-421-4844[/FONT]

Jerome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor