Lincoln logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endless Pursuit

New User
Jeff
If I were to do this I'd be inclined to use a dado blade in a TS vs the router. I'd use a 3/4" beading or bull nose bit with the board on edge to radius the long edges and slice off each log as they were done. That just seems safer.

But ..... How about his router fence! 2X2 solid UHMW. His fence costs as much as a lot of complete tables.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
If I were to do this I'd be inclined to use a dado blade in a TS vs the router. I'd use a 3/4" beading or bull nose bit with the board on edge to radius the long edges and slice off each log as they were done. That just seems safer.

But ..... How about his router fence! 2X2 solid UHMW. His fence costs as much as a lot of complete tables.
Yep +1 on the dado blade instead of router

Jeff

New User
Jeff
... I believe I want to try this. Any tips on how to actually do it?

Yep. Save your fingers, hassle, and time. I'd bet that a DIY project will cost more in the long run.

85 ready to go wood pieces for $40.

http://www.knex.com/shop/17439/classic-edition-frontier-cabin/

...Or you could just buy 3/4" d wood doweling, make a few jigs from scrap, and cut the logs on the table saw with a dado blade.

Lincoln_logs.png

lincoln_log_2.png

Last edited:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Yep. Save your fingers, hassle, and time. I'd bet that a DIY project will cost more in the long run.

85 ready to go wood pieces for $40.

http://www.knex.com/shop/17439/classic-edition-frontier-cabin/

...Or you could just buy 3/4" d wood doweling, make a few jigs from scrap, and cut the logs on the table saw with a dado blade.

Lincoln_logs.png

lincoln_log_2.png

Good stuff I kind of like the idea of starting off with round logs instead of square logs. Thinking of making a bucket full for my grand son.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Thanks Danny. Your WIP is instructive.

+1 to the memories of Lincoln logs, erector sets, and electric trains, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS