Lie-Nielsen customer service is just extraordinary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Short version: There may be similar, but there can't be any better customer service then LN

Long version: About 2 years ago I purchased 3 LN bevel edged chisels. They performed great. I love their balance, they sharpen to a very good edge, and hold that edge well. However, on 2 of them the handles just didn't seat well with the recommended tap on the bench. I hesitated to expoxy the handles in the sockets, but lived in fear that one would go through my foot if I picked it up by the handle. This winter, they were particularly lose. I took them to the LN show in Raleigh in January, and Ted noticed that they weren't bottoming out in the socket, but were not seating well. He recommended that I return them. I thought that they would just replace the handles, but today I received 2 new chisels!

Part 2: After using the LN 16"tenon saw at the 2014 show, I ordered it. At the show, I cut better tenons than i ever had, with a saw to which I wasn't accustomed. A year later, I hadn't used the saw. This year, I brought it with me because I wanted to compare it to the tapered version of the saw. I found that I liked the tapered saw even better. Ted said exchange it since it was actually 'new'. Well, sent with the chisels was the 16" tapered saw, no questions asked!

So, after much passage of time, LN exchanged my tools, free of charge (with no shipping charged).

I love their tools, and can't really say much more about their customer service.:thumbs_up

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I have a couple Lie-Nielsen tools... I use my low angle plane near daily in the shop...still no reason to talk to the factory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS