Let's talk enclosed trailers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
I have come to the realization that our company could benefit from a small enclosed trailer to haul equipment throughout NC. Something in the 4x8 or 5x8 size with a back and side door. Shouldn't be more than about 500-700lbs. we would be hauling.

Something like this:
http://www.snappertrailers.com/product/bs-4x8sal-wh-sd-bl-catalog/

Anyone have suggestions on where to buy or what I should be looking for? Things like build quality, tires, axles...etc.

All ideas and thoughts welcome.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I just bought a trailer over the weekend (7x14, tandem axel) from East Coast Sales in Raleigh. It seemed like a good deal vs other similarly priced opinions (16" center floor and wall vs. 24", plywood vs osb). It didn't come with any load securing tiedowns so make sure you check for that and budget accordingly for extras.

jemcguire

New User
John
http://www.kraftsmantrailer.net/default.htm

I would highly recommend Kraftsman Trailer in Ramseur. They built my 6x12 single axle utility trailer several years ago to my specs and couldn't be happier. They carry other brands of enclosed trailers, but am sure based on my experience they would help you match the best trailer to meet your needs.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
just remember the dimensions of a trailer are the OUTSIDE dimensions. Find the biggest object you have to carry, measure that, than look for a trailer a tad bigger inside than that

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Gonzalo, Phil Soper (Phil S) handled the purchase of the NCWW trailer. Talk to him.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
For the Outreach Program, we purchased from Leonard. Solid trailer - good value

Thewiddler2042

New User
Widdler man
i myself an two of my friend have bought trailers from this Snapper Trailers Dealership. Located in Fayetteville down the street from airport there. Back in July of last year i purchased a 5x8 Enclosed with a Rear Ramp Door and side door. I use it for my various outtings selling my carvings and knick knacks. i hvae owned several trailers in my life time and the quality i have expirenced with this Sapper Trailer has been nothing short of reliable. I have referred two of my friends to this palce since my pourchase who have both bought trialers.. bigger ones than mine but still same reliable trailer with a great price.. i only live down the street from this palce .. i stop in everyonce in every once in awhile on my way home just say hey.. very friendly people .

Purchasing a trailer from this Snapper Trailers Place in Fayetteville will be your best bang for your buck for service, product and quality. i will refer them to anyone i know!

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone for the advice. This gives me a good place to start doing some more research.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes, the Outreach Trailer is a Leonard. They are big in NC throughout the state. Very high quality trailer. My advice would be to buy a tad bigger than you think you need. Based on experience very little is retired from the trailer and much is added over time.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Make sure you accurately assess your needs for the trailer. For example are you planning to store valuables in it overnight on a regular basis? If so be sure you get a trailer with concealed hinges as an example. If not you can save some money and just operate under the assumption that even with the most secure barn door hinge, somebody's going to ultimately just cut your lock or run a Recip saw through the side of the trailer if they want to so perhaps you can save some money and go basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS