Lee Valley/Veritas Low-angle Jack Plane Manufacturing Seconds

Echd

C
User
I bought one last year. Whatever the defect is, I could never find it. I'm surprised those are still in stock- haven't low angle jacks been the trendy thing for a while now?

This year I got a dx60 block plane. Those went fast. Between my LV low angle jack, my LV #4, and the dx60 I should have most of my needs covered... but I did come really close to buying one of the jointer planes too. My old #7 will suffice for the in frequency with which I use it, though.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Me too, I bought my low angle when it was just around 100 bucks it is one of the few new planes I have ever purchased.
Me thinks most of the corporations are exploiting their sell price.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
This year I got a dx60 block plane. Those went fast. Between my LV low angle jack, my LV #4, and the dx60 I should have most of my needs covered... but I did come really close to buying one of the jointer planes too. My old #7 will suffice for the in frequency with which I use it, though.
I was hoping to snag a set of spokeshaves, but they only had the round bottom version. I'm not unhappy with my vintage Stanley 151, but the ergonomics of the Veritas look to be better.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I was hoping to snag a set of spokeshaves, but they only had the round bottom version. I'm not unhappy with my vintage Stanley 151, but the ergonomics of the Veritas look to be better.
I have the set of all 3 veritas. The blade stays sharp for much longer. I do not see that much difference in the ergonomics. The issue with the Veritas is that the handle tends to loosen while you are using it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS