LED flexible gooseneck lamps

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
Hello All - I need some help on picking out a good LED flexible lamp for under $50. I currently have this one from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0746BZ9XF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works well, but isn't quite bright enough for my needs (rated at 5W). Plus, it has a 15" neck and it is a tad too short, 18" or 20" would be ideal. I have it screwed to my wall behind my lathe. I use it when I am turning the inside of bowls. I found this one from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Goo...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Q70C4D4A38TNA1WEF89K This one is 9W, so it should be brighter. From the shape of the head, just a little worried that the light might be too directional/focused.

Anyone have a good suggestion? I don't need a magnetic base, the screw down version is what I need to attach to the wall.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Can't you just get a gooseneck lamp and put a LED bulb in it? That would give you as bright a light as you could want, plus you could pick the temperature of the light.

Roy G

llucas

luke
Senior User
Got this a few years ago for help with seeing deep inside hollow vessel turnings and bowls...I love the two light setup as it helps keep my head out of the way...plenty of light to see what I need....the flexible shafts make it easy to adjust to changing angles. I attached it to a magnet to make it even more flexible.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Brad, try this one. It's not a gooseneck style light. I do use those, but this one is a small magnetic LED light that sticks to the back of the tool rest and lights up the inside of the bowl.

Here's a Youtube video of it in action

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Brad,

I wanted to replace some small halogen work lights, and I literally just bought a clip on gooseneck LED lamp from Target or WallyWorld.

It’s probably a 40w or 60w equivalent. I paid around $4.00 for it. There also were other similar LEDs with smaller shades.

FBDCC367-AAF9-4724-9106-07349470B7C0.jpeg

31F76065-E049-47B0-A259-1FC623206CE0.jpeg

PeteStaehling

New User
Pete
I used one sold as a sewing light. It has a much shorter neck and not much wattage (I forget the wattage, but it is pretty low and the neck is maybe 10-12"). That said I find it adequate for my work on my Jet 1642. I use it close to the work and move it as needed. It can sit on the headstock casting, the bracket for the cage, the rails, or even the banjo. I just move it where I need it.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
You can search for "led ring light clamp" on Amazon and see if any of those lights suit your needs. They usually have a long goosneck.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS