LCD TV Entertainment Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Due to a new job I seem to be on the road more than I'm home, upside; I earned enough for a new LCD TV, downside; My tools miss me :cry_smile
We had a rear projction TV for a number of years and I had built a 3 piece unit to house the TV and stereo items, of course the new LCD TV wouldn't work so i simply built a new center section.... One problem though, It seems that between fading and perhaps color variations in the Golden Oak stain the units don't match. Eventually I'll sand and restain the outer units so they match better (when I'm home long enough...LOL)
Thanks for looking
Gary

The Old Unit

The New Unit

More pics in my "house" folder

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice Gary, it certainly has a more "modern" feel. I wouldn't worry too much about the inner and outer sections matching. They're different enough that it's contrast, not mismatch :)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
The contrast looks good, but the color difference is curious. Do you get a lot of sunlight in that room?

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Gary I like the looks of it.
I have had that happen to me too with stain and the same types of wood.
Got to love the LCD's. and the HD Discovery Channels

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
The Unit is near a set of French doors, but the porch has a covered roof so I don't think it's sun fading (at least not directly)
Painting walls.... Isn't it cool looking over previous projects, you think it's only been a short time since you did that one and then the wife walks by and say that we changed the paint 5 years ago :wconfused:

When I bought the new TV I also bought a Toshiba HD-DVD player.... King King looks stunning at 1080p :cool:

Thanks for the positive remarks, hope the weather at your end is less windy that this Oklahoma weather is :confused_

Gary

Rob

New User
Rob
I'm curious as to how it mounts? Does it have it's own base that sits on the cabinet or did you have to purchase mounting hardware? We're looking at purchasing a flat screen in the future and I'm thinking about building a cabinet for it. Goal is something simple, and easy to move so I can get to the hook ups in the back.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
I'm curious as to how it mounts? Does it have it's own base that sits on the cabinet or did you have to purchase mounting hardware? We're looking at purchasing a flat screen in the future and I'm thinking about building a cabinet for it. Goal is something simple, and easy to move so I can get to the hook ups in the back.

Hey Rob...
The TV came with a base already mounted so I just used that for now. We had considered wall mounting but for now this arrangement works very well and is quite mobile. If you want a good price on wall mounts, cables ect... check out monoprice.com. I have brought several HDMI cables plus other small items from them, very good quality and the prices are criminal compared to the stores in town (one store wanted 100 bucks for a 12' cable, mono price was about 13 bucks )
If you're not afraid of ordering big items from the internet, check out Amazon.com and Amazon warehouse for good prices ($2400.00 TV at BB, $1300.00 from amazon warehouse, brand new by the way)

heres a closer pic of the base

Hope this answers your questions
Gary

Rob

New User
Rob
Thanks, we can't do a wall mount, and I wasn't sure if these TV's came with anything resembling a stand.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Gary,

Nice work!

It may come to pass that the woods match more with the passage of time. I wouldn't worry about it.

I know that I will be doing some sort of entertainment center for my 50" DLP but it's far down on my to do list right now.

Those drawers you have in the new unit, are they for CD/DVD storage? If so, how many can you get in there?

:kermit: Steve

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Aaahhhh. Oklyhoma. Better you than me.;-) I get to go to Kansas fairly often and it is quite windy there as well. Fortunately, I know where a few tool stores are there.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Gary,

Nice work!

It may come to pass that the woods match more with the passage of time. I wouldn't worry about it.

I know that I will be doing some sort of entertainment center for my 50" DLP but it's far down on my to do list right now.

Those drawers you have in the new unit, are they for CD/DVD storage? If so, how many can you get in there?

:kermit: Steve

Steve:
The unit is about 24" deep, the drawer a little less than that, I believe we have about 30 DVD's in each drawer
HTH
Gary

Side Drawers Center Drawer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS