Lathe work needed please

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
I do not have a lathe so I'm looking for someone who does to do 3 turnings for me. I need 1 dowel 3/4" x 12" long. 1 dowel 1" x 3" long and 1 dowel 1 & 1/4 inch x 18 inches long. I have the square stock for the turnings and I will gladly pay for the service. I live in Clinton, NC. Thanks in advance!

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
If you have a table mounted router and round over bits, it's pretty easy to make your own dowels.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I do not have a lathe so I'm looking for someone who does to do 3 turnings for me. I need 1 dowel 3/4" x 12" long. 1 dowel 1" x 3" long and 1 dowel 1 & 1/4 inch x 18 inches long. I have the square stock for the turnings and I will gladly pay for the service. I live in Clinton, NC. Thanks in advance!
Kave
I have a lathe and could do this for you - assuming this is not some weird material. There are much more experienced turners, and I would expect certainly some turners closer to Clinton; I am in sw Raleigh, close to Crossroads in Cary. Message me if no one closer can do this for you and you don't find an alternative.
Pretty open schedule, but I do need a scheduled time.

Brantnative

Jeff
Corporate Member
While I would not begrudge anyone time on the lathe, myself included, those are pretty common sizes of dowels. You could get those in many places including online. Someone here may have spare pieces they could give or sell to you. Unless they need to be of a non-common place wood.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Kettrell made a trip to Raleigh this morning and I dusted off my quite rusty spindle turning skills - well to use the word skill is an overstatement. We did get it done though, I believe to his satisfaction. No pics I know, but it did happen.
T'was a pleasure to meet him and help him out.

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Kettrell made a trip to Raleigh this morning and I dusted off my quite rusty spindle turning skills - well to use the word skill is an overstatement. We did get it done though, I believe to his satisfaction. No pics I know, but it did happen.
T'was a pleasure to meet him and help him out.
Yes it did happen! I am completely satisfied and very thankful for your help Henry! I will post pics once my project is complete. Then I'll setup my bandsaw based on your guidance.
Thank you NCWW!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Yes it did happen! I am completely satisfied and very thankful for your help Henry! I will post pics once my project is complete. Then I'll setup my bandsaw based on your guidance.
Thank you NCWW!
Just to be clear, my 'guidance' was advice to watch Alex Snodgrass' video several times and then to set up the BS based on Alex's recommendations.
Looking forward to project pics.

Glad to help.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS