Not open for further replies.

EdMorgano

New User
Ed
DSC06988.JPG

View image in gallery

DSC06989.JPG

View image in gallery

This is my latest project. I'm getting tired of slinging chips all over the shop so I decided to try a curtain around the lathe. It's not quite finished but I think it will keep the rest of the shop clean.

DSC06981.JPG

DSC06984.JPG

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
I'm actually thinking about doing something similar to have a retractable spray tent in my garage.

Where did you get the plastic from and how long is it. The ceiling in my garage is about 12ft I think.

EdMorgano

New User
Ed
I'm actually thinking about doing something similar to have a retractable spray tent in my garage.

Where did you get the plastic from and how long is it. The ceiling in my garage is about 12ft I think.

I just used clear plastic shower curtains. They are only 84" long so probably won't work for your application.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I did something similar behind my lathe. Yeah, I know, most of the dust and chips go the other way but behind my lathe is an imaginary line that is "not shop space" and I needed to keep the mess on my side. :rolf:

I used a shower curtain also. The clear ones are only a dollar or two at Big Lots, Dollar General and other purveyors of similar fine merchandise. If I were trying to do 12', I might still use them and just overlap, suspending the lower one from the same rings as the upper one. You will be hard pressed to find clear plastic that thick at reasonable prices other than shower curtains.

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
Yeah I was thinking of ways to use them in that manner.. I guess I could just get some additional rings to lower the second set down a few feet.

I did something similar behind my lathe. Yeah, I know, most of the dust and chips go the other way but behind my lathe is an imaginary line that is "not shop space" and I needed to keep the mess on my side. :rolf:

I used a shower curtain also. The clear ones are only a dollar or two at Big Lots, Dollar General and other purveyors of similar fine merchandise. If I were trying to do 12', I might still use them and just overlap, suspending the lower one from the same rings as the upper one. You will be hard pressed to find clear plastic that thick at reasonable prices other than shower curtains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS