LATHE CHISELS?

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
We are about to select a recipient for the HF 12 x 33 1/2" wood lathe. We searched for a little while trying to find the lathe tools but were unable to find them--would anyone have some chisels they would be willing to donate to go with the lathe? They do not have to be a matching set but some extra tools you may no longer use. Perhaps a 1/2-1" gouge, skew, parting tool, round nose scraper, or whatever else that would make up a basic set. Thanks all for your consideration. Recipient will be chosen Saturday November 30 and announced that day.

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
Bruce, If you need more than what Casey/Oka provides I can supply some. PM me your mailing address and I can get them in the mail by Friday. I have several gouges, skews and I think some round nosed scrapers.

Rob Liles

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bruce, If you need more than what Casey/Oka provides I can supply some. PM me your mailing address and I can get them in the mail by Friday. I have several gouges, skews and I think some round nosed scrapers.

Rob Liles
Thank you Rob!
BRUCE SWANSON
2438 ANNWOOD CT
NEWTON NC 28658

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bruce, Message me with your address and I will mail some chisels. They will need to be sharpened. I I think I have 6 or so ....skew, gouges , etc I think the set is complete enough for a beginner.
Thank you Casey!
BRUCE SWANSON
2438 ANNWOOD CT
NEWTON NC 28658

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
I have no idea whether these are worthwhile to the Lathe's purposes but I am willing to donate this set to the cause. It appears new. (I do not understand the spinny-spinny thing.)

IMG_0174.jpg

Last edited:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Wow! Thanks Dave, those sure would be a nice set to go with the lathe. If you could send them to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Haven't received any turning tools yet but hopefully by Saturday as the lathe will be delivered this weekend--hopefully.

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
"Find a box" has been a bigger challenge than expected. The missus says there will be two boxes arriving today, one of which should work. If not, is it ok if I just toss the crummy wooden display box and send the tools wrapped individually? (That may impact future portability.)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS