Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
101_6227.JPG

101_6231.JPG

101_6234.JPG

12 1/2"D x 13 1/2"H, Sapele, Hard Maple, 769 Pcs.
Thanks for looking. All comments welcome.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Awesome work Charlie!

That 3rd picture (top view) just blew me away. Way cool work!

Wayne

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am not sure if you have ever heard this before so here goes. Charlie, you are getting really good at this. WOW

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
You're wearing me out trying to think up new superlatives Charlie! Your pictures always put a smile on my face.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Charlie, you should contact a publisher and produce a book!! Even at $1 profit a copy, I am sure it will sell at least a couple of million. Your work is like no other I have seen, the compliment coming from someone who does at least four demos per year at our turning club.

Brogan

New User
What wizardry is this!?

Incredible work :)

Would you briefly explain how you go about creating something like that?
I've done a bit of marquetry but I can't even begin to imagine how to do that.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I love all the curves in these rings. And the Sapelle certainly has some unusual grain patterns. Another masterpiece.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Your turnings just keep getting more and more amazing Charlie! I really think you're getting the hang of this spinny thing. And I agree, that last pic is almost beyond description! Contact FOX CHAPEL PUBLISHING about doing a book on your amazing turnings, and techniques, they may well be interested, and your work and fame will reach all the corners of the world; maybe a mention of your NCWW affiliation in the book would be wonderful too! :eusa_clap

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
Charlie, as usual, an amazing piece. Your spatial skills at conceiving the design and then translating it onto an actual shape floor me. Your patience at gluing up all the pieces in each ring is mystifying. Thanks for really inspiring work.

PS I meant to ask you this at the Hardwood Store Customer Appreciation Day this fall, how did you turn your profile piece, I call it the "doughnut"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors