Latest projects-or at least ones I've finished recently......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
I have in fact still been woodworking-just not actually finishing anything:gar-La;. So with that in mind I thought I'd share a few that I have completed. The 1st is a demilune out of sapele. Originally it was supposed to have this top:

demilune_table_top_unfinished.jpg

View image in gallery

But I managed to screw it up during finishing, so I sanded off all the veneer and ended up with this instead:

here's the new top detail shot

and the leg detail (banding courtesy of Matt Furjanic)

Then we have these 2 quartersawn sycamore twins (the wood was from Rick at the Woodworking Source and really show's that snakeskin effect that cyclopentadiene (jeff) was talking about when he posted his Nakashima inspired bench earlier

here's the side view

I've also recently finished a queen size Murphy Bed I've been working on all last year and will post some pics of that too once I get finished installing it in our guest bedroom.​

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Very nice !!!

Were the table top rails laminated?

How did you get the color on the base of the feet?

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Willem,

Both tables are solid wood tops with just a string of inlay. On the demilune the aprons are laminated and then veneer applied to the curve.

The feet on the sapele table are veneered (1/16") on all 4 sides with holly. The feet on the sycamore tables are solid ebony glued to the leg before it was shaped round.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Michael, Absolutely beautiful. I love the sapele and the detail in the legs.:thumbs_up

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Beautiful work there! :eusa_clap

Close attention to all of the detail and great design.

Wayne

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
Real nice, Mike! The satinwood/sapele/holly banding on the legs is perfect. Did you use a router to inlay the stringing? I actually like the ribbin-stripe sapele top better than the fan top. Anyway, nice detail work and great choice of wood/inlay combinations.

Touchwood

New User
Don
Truly exquisite craftsmanship, Mike.
Very impressive:icon_thum. Love all the careful attention to detail, and great choice of woods

Don

GregSmith

Greg
Corporate Member
Looking good Mike.:icon_thum Too bad about the fan veneer top, but nice save with the Sapele. The Sycamore looks great too. You're getting good at making those tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS