Latest project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
It's been a while since I last posted so I thought I would show some my latest work. It was built this for a restaurant in Chapel Hill. It is meant to look like a antique from the middle east. It will have the soda machine and condiments on the top. I made it out of reclaimed plywood that was taken down during their remodeling.

20150208_154733.jpg20150208_154613.jpg20150208_154605.jpg

Last edited:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nicely done Brad!:icon_thum

What was decided on for finishing? Love the rustic look and choice of hardware!

Wayne

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
Wayne, I used General Finishes antique walnut gel stain and Arm-R-Seal. I lasered the design in the door panels

The hardware is small black steel hinges from the gate section at the big orange place.

Handles are from the same place. Both were less than $4 per door total.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Looks good Brad! But im wondering, no toe kick? Restaurants can be brutal (especially in public areas) for floor mopping, Im just worried the lower fronts will get all messed up from repeated mopping and spillage. I would have actually thought there is a code for this.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
There is actually tile going around the base for that exact reason. They just haven't done it yet. the cabinet is level but the floor isn't. there is a hump in the middle and it drops off up to 1 1/2" on both ends. The wood base is just to keep everything in line. The fun part of that project was that he had his GC build the base cabinet in place and as you know carpenters aren't woodworkers. There is 3/4" difference on width between the 2 sets of front doors and the right side corner is actually 93 degrees, the left corners are 41 and 48 degrees. There wasn't anything that was close to square and every piece had to be cut and fitted one at a time. Took twice as long as if I had built the whole thing in the shop and installed it. Don't think I will do any more like this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS