Latest Project, Stickley "Gathering Table" with Maloof Inspiration

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Attached are photos of my latest project. It is based on a Stickley Patented Piece called a Gathering Table.

The table is made of Sapele and finished using Waterlox. The overall length is 90" and the highest shelf is 36" high. The width is 12" using a single board The lower shelf is at 30" high and is 10" wide using a single board. The front apron is slightly rounded. All of the leg assembly is hand shaped. I also wanted to show off turning skills so the end has a design that was made using a square piece of 4/4 stock and turned using off center axis turning to provide the unique design in the upper corner. This is essentially the same on both ends. The lower shelf has cutouts along the front edge to allow drop cords to go through the back edge of the top and plug in to a power strip mounted to that section but not visible from the back. The design is such that it can be used as a sofa table but also serve as a "bar" seating area. These are my kitchen bar stools (cherry) so the next project is to make three identical bar stools using Sapele to match the unit.

Attachments

• Sofa table 2.png
    Sofa table 2.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 169
  • Sofa table 3.png
    Sofa table 3.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 162
  • Sofa table 4.png
    Sofa table 4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
  • Sofa table 5.png
    Sofa table 5.png
    1 MB · Views: 156

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
You "showed off" a variety of skills! Beautiful work/craftsmanship...thanks for sharing.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS