Latest HF.... Hollow Form Turning

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
I was able to get my hands on a few maple burls last fall and this is the largest of the forms I was able to turn from it. I hollowed it out green using my Kobra but returned it free hand. It is just a little heavier than the basket ball in the last picture. I was able to turn this form thinner than any of my large forms in the past by adjusting my measuring device to match David Ellsworth's which he used in his demo I was able to see a few months back. The wood is maple finish is just 3 coats of lacquer to this point, but I will add many more and buff it before I'm finished with it. The last picture gives one a reference to the size of this form.
Jack
IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Re: Latest HF

Really nice. Appreciate it if you can post more about your hollowing process. What is a Kobra and more about the measuring device. How big a cut for each hollow cut pass?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

you seem to find the prettiest wood.................... nice work Jack.:thumbs_up

flyrod444

New User
Jack

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Here is a pic of the Kobra hollowing system I use and will post a pic of the measuring system soon. The wall on this form are from 3/16" to 1/4" with most being 3/16"
Thanks again,
Jack
DSC00252.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS