Latest cabinet project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
David,

I was matching their existing cabinets and couldn't get close enough with the Aniline Dye colors I have so I had to use stain. The top coats are sprayed with Emtech USL water based lacquer but I sprayed a sealer coat of dewaxed blonde shellac first.

DavidF

New User
David
Thanks Steve, I wish you were closer, I would come down and get some spray training....

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Real nice cabinets, Steve.
Where did you get the thermofoil? Can you give a rough price for it? I'm about to start cabinets for our kitchen and this may be better than the Melamine I am planning to use for the carcasses.
ken

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Ken,

I got it from Greenville Spartanburg Hardwoods on 101 near BMW. I believe it was around $64-68 a sheet for the 2 sided. It is more pricey than the melamine, which is on particleboard and the MDF core product. I used the MDF core 1 sided for the backs. From my perspective, it was worth the premium over the other options, I really don't like particle board. If I wanted that look but was looking to take some money out of it, I would opt for the MDF core. The veneer core is about double the cost of 3/4 import grade Birch ply but the time savings was a factor for me since I didn't need to finish the interiors. I really think it makes for an attractive interior that is easy to keep clean and the white makes it easier to see inside the cabinets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS