Latest cabinet project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I just completed the install on some Shaker style Hickory cabinets that I made for a client. There are several other in process pics in my gallery for those interested. These were made for their laundry room and match the same style cabinets in their kitchen. I used white thermofoil, veneer core plywood for the cases. It is expensive but eliminates the need to finish the cases and really makes for a clean looking interior. I also made a full extension pullout that they can use to hang clothes to dry. It retracts under the lower shelf when not in use. There were 4 cabinets total, 2 32x36x18 and 2 - 32x92x12.

AshburnCabinets030.jpg

AshburnCabinets031.jpg

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
Excellent!!! I like the color of that wood, and I like that style of frame & panel construction... well done! :icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nicely done. I like the way you did your panels. I don't normaly say anything about the size of pictures in peoples posts, but man those are some big pictures8-O 8-O It is hard to get the full picture when the end of it is next door:lol: :lol:

Dave:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
The hinges are the concealed European style with 1/2" overlay, they are picking out pulls now so I will still need to go back and install those.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Very nice Steve. Have you turned pro? You have mentioned in posts you have paid for the majority of your tools this way. I barely have enough time to get to go play in the shop less do paying jobs.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, your pictures aren't so big on my real monitor at home. Must have been the crappy one at work. Your cabinet still look awesome!!!

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I play AAA semi pro :mrgreen: . I have been fortunate enough that people have seen my work and asked me to do things for them. Referrals from referrals, etc. I really don't market myself and honestly don't say no as often as I should. I spend a lot of evenings and weekends in the shop and not too much time in front of the TV.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve D said:
I spend a lot of evenings and weekends in the shop and not too much time in front of the TV.

And that's a bad thing???????????????
I do the same except it costs me money:eusa_doh:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great looking cabinets Steve.:icon_thum Your doors turned out nice and I really like the pull out bar you added. That is a great idea.

D L

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Thanks DL, per Charles' recommendation, I purchased the Freud tongue & groove set. He actually helped with the design and it really does a very nice job.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Steve,

Nice cabinets!!

Did you use VC for the shelves, too? I was just curious what you used as edgebanding (pre-clued or contact cement). Did you have any problems with voids in the VC causing telescoping or delaminationof the edgebanding? And lastly, do you have a line borer for the shelf holes?

Thanks,
Bernhard

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Thanks Bernhard!

1. I did use edgebanding for the shelves on this project to match what they had. I used a peel & stick product from Fastcap that went on very nicely and trimmed well. The VC was sound so voids were not an issue.

2. No line borer, I have a jig from Rockler and a vix style bit that drills 1/4" holes. It is very fast and accurate.

Bernhard said:
Steve,

Nice cabinets!!

Did you use VC for the shelves, too? I was just curious what you used as edgebanding (pre-clued or contact cement). Did you have any problems with voids in the VC causing telescoping or delaminationof the edgebanding? And lastly, do you have a line borer for the shelf holes?

Thanks,
Bernhard

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
[
1. I did use edgebanding for the shelves on this project to match what they had. I used a peel & stick product from Fastcap that went on very nicely and trimmed well. The VC was sound so voids were not an issue.

2. No line borer, I have a jig from Rockler and a vix style bit that drills 1/4" holes. It is very fast and accurate.[/quote]

Wow, no line borer>>> now I am even more impressed.

I have never used Fastcap banding, just saw it on the Greensboro show. Have you had much experience with it?

Thanks again,
Bernhard

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
This was my first uses but Fastcap products are widely used by the pros. The adhesive is very strong and fully cures after 24 hours. I'm not a huge fan of edge banding and would preferto use hardwood but it does have it's place. I have used the iron on stuff in the past and this is much nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors