Last Post button not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
When I click the "go to last post" button in a thread, it takes me to the first post. This is both running IE 8 at work, and Firefox at home.

Thanks

Rob

New User
Rob
Pictures worth a thousand words. If you hover over it, it says "go to last post"

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Rob, it is working for me. I'll try with ie and others when I get to a computer. I'm on my iPad right now

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I can confirm that IE9 is also misbehaving on my end. For some reason IE is ignoring the Anchor portion (#xxx) of the GET URL and not jumping to the designated anchor on the resulting page.

IE9 behaves on a simple HTML3 page with regard to anchors, but not with vBulletin.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Steve, this may be related to the Sidebars.

The anchor jump will occur if you issue it AFTER the page has been rendered (from the browser's location bar). However, I think IE is trying to execute the anchor jump BEFORE the block that contains the thread and replies is rendered. Since it is not rendered there is no known anchor point, so no jump occurs.

I'm wondering if the Sidebar is what is causing our block to be delayed because if you watch the rendering of the screen on a slower machine, you will see the Site's header and footer blocks completely rendered long before the senter (main body block and sidebar block) get rendered.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
An example of the point at which I think IE may be trying to perform the anchor jump:

120229_Header_Footer_Early_Render_Example.png

Rob

New User
Rob
Ok, I'm sorry, it is working in firefox, I could have sworn it wasn't last night. Might just be an IE bug, I use IE 8, windows 7 32 bit at work.

Rob

New User
Rob
I'm still seeing the debug information at the bottom also, seems to cause the thread to load slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS