New User
BigJoe
All out of Cypress that was logged off the plantation

kitch1.jpg
kit2.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dang that's beautiful. I really like the range vent-hood. My wife suggested that I make us a wood one, but I went the easy way and bought a SS one. Seeing yours is making me second guess my choice.
Beautiful color on the Cypress, what is it finished with??

Dave:)

Scwood

New User
BigJoe
First DaveO, We used a Zar stain thinned down and put multiple coats of poly over it.Yeah that hood was tough because the pannel has 45 deg cuts on all 4 sides and it was tough to put a 45 on the triangle sides.

Next Shamrock,with that type of finish the color should stay.

Next Rob,In that pic thats an icemaker and I attached by cutting a slot all the way around.By the way the kitchen did have 2 dishwashers with Cypress pannels.

Lastly James Davis,I made 27 interior doors with transomes and the front door,side lights and transomes.Now in the great room there was 6 glass doors and one Huge glass sliding door that was ordered.All the doors were mortise and tenion and interior thickness was 1 3/4 and the front door was 2 1/2 thick.
My company was on this house for about 2 1/2 years.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Man that is some gorgeous work!!! I just got an issue of Renovation magazine because I wanted the cabinets and trim that were in an article. The design, finish, and hardware were very similar but these were done in Cherry. Do you use a router table setup for those cabinet doors? If so, what type? (I have yet to make a cabinet door)

You are a true craftsman. I look forward to drooling over more of your work :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS