Last Chance for Ash? Lumber Run in Charlotte?

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
This is from the NCWW Facebook:

Henrichsen Wood

www.henrichsenwood.com
· 4 hrs ·

We are looking for a buyer for several thousand board feet of Ash and Sweetgum for a client of Henrichsen Wood. This is a great deal for anyone who wants to buy a lot of roughsawn beams for the same price pallet manufacturers pay. $.35-.60 per bd/ft with at least 2000 bd/ft available if you can pick up in bulk from the jobsite in Charlotte. A large trailer will be necessary. We will load, you will haul. Everyone wins.

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
This is from the NCWW Facebook:

Henrichsen Wood

www.henrichsenwood.com
· 4 hrs ·

We are looking for a buyer for several thousand board feet of Ash and Sweetgum for a client of Henrichsen Wood. This is a great deal for anyone who wants to buy a lot of roughsawn beams for the same price pallet manufacturers pay. $.35-.60 per bd/ft with at least 2000 bd/ft available if you can pick up in bulk from the jobsite in Charlotte. A large trailer will be necessary. We will load, you will haul. Everyone wins.
I would probably be interested in some Mark

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
I might be interested.......what is our price going to be Mark

We are looking for a buyer for several thousand board feet of Ash and Sweetgum for a client of Henrichsen Wood. This is a great deal for anyone who wants to buy a lot of roughsawn beams for the same price pallet manufacturers pay. $.35-.60 per bd/ft with at least 2000 bd/ft available if you can pick up in bulk from the jobsite in Charlotte. A large trailer will be necessary. We will load, you will haul.

HenrichsenWood

New User
Jamie
Thanks for reposting this Mark. I'm Jamie Henrichsen and I run Henrichsen Wood, a Mobile Sawmill and Tree Service in Charlotte.

This job has four Ash trees and two Sweet Gums that are coming down this month. Normally I mill customers wood for their uses and set them up to air dry in place. This client is unable to use or store this much lumber. The job was planned to be milled into 4x6's and sold at to a pallet manufacturer who could drop off a trailer on the jobsite to be filled, unfortunately my pallet guy is unreachable right now. It'd be a shame to send that much Ash into pallets anyways. My clients don't want to be a lumberyard, they'd prefer a person or a group to purchase the the whole lot as it is milled, hence the wholesale price.

If anyone has questions I'd be happy to answer them. I think the 1000 bd/ft Sweetgum would sell easily for .35 bd/ft and the Ash at over 1000 bd/ft for .60 bd/ft. We can mill to sizes other than 4x6 but there would be an increase in price for something like VG 1x6...

These are healthy residential backyard trees. The Ash all have some lean to them so there will likely be some tension in the boards but the trunks are mostly clear of branches and are of moderate size al being over 24 inches dbh. Sweet gum can be unpredictable at times when drying, sometimes it likes to twist a bit if it's not vertical grain. I think they're best used green. The trees however are very straight and decent size and would make for an excellent post and beam structure, chicken coop, mantles, turning blanks ect...

Jamie Henrichsen
Henrichsen Wood

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I might be interested.......what is our price going to be Mark
I'm the messenger. Ya'll need to organize this! He has his price in the post above. The more you get the lower the price will be and he doesn't have time to deal with cherry pickers. Get 5-6 people together, Rent/ borrow a big trailer, let him load it and split it up at some convenient location. We used to use the HF parking lot on Capital Blvd for Raleigh based buys. In this kind of situation plan for at least 25% waste. Even if it ends up being 50% it's
still a good deal.

HenrichsenWood

New User
Jamie
Thanks Mark. You really hit that one on the head.

I'm estimating 1500 bd/ft of Ash and 1000 bd/ft of Sweet Gum. That would go for $900 for all the Ash and $350 for the Sweet Gum. Split that four or five ways and everybody is paying $12 for a 4"x6"x10' Ash beam, about half that for Gum. A five way group buy means everybody is in for $250 and gets 500 bd/ft. There will be 4x4s and 4x6s.

The trees are in a tight space so there may be more or less wood depending on how well the felling goes.

This thread is a good place for a group to organize. Choose one contact person and contact me when there's enough interest and I can set things up with the homeowner. If you can't find or borrow a big trailer, several trailers can work.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd be interested in (crotch pieces) turning stock, but I'm not a production turner.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you. Simple crotches are fine. No milling required for me.
However, if you need them for beams, beam away.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks.
Thinking about this and realizing that Charlotte is just too far for me. I am disappointed.
I appreciate your consideration.

HenrichsenWood

New User
Jamie
Thanks everyone for the interest with this ash and gum. We’ve got a buyer for the whole lot. There will be some crotches available for the turners in the group. Message me if interested

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS