Last chance for a lucky person

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

As all of you know, we held the drawing for the Fall NCWoodworker Raffle on November 20th, but one prize has presented challenges for the winners -- it is the Gregory Paolini class at The Woodworking Source in Mooresville on December 4-5 (next weekend). We have drawn several tickets (well over a dozen) and have not gotten two winners for this marvelous prize. So here is the deal!

It will be awarded on a First-come, First-served basis to any person that purchased one or more tickets in this Fall's Drawing, even it you have already won a prize! We need to congratulate Danny Davis (Partman) for being the first winner -- who will be the second?

Details can be found at the Woodworking Source website here. The prize includes materials for the class project.

I need to hear from any ticket buyer immediately that can make the class by posting in this thread, please let me know so I can inform the prize vendor. Thanks and belated congratulations!

McRabbet

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I would like to do it. I have never had any wood working class of any kind and I highly respect Greg, so it would be an honor to have him as my first teacher.

M

McRabbet

Mike,

You are the first to respond among the ticket buyers, so congratulations! Be sure to check the website in my thread for the specific hours and check there as well for directions. I cannot think of anyone who has been as staunch a supporter of NCWoodworker among this Fall's ticket buyers, so accept my congratulations! Enjoy the class -- I know Greg personally and I know you'll enjoy his instruction. Rick DiNardo is including the wood for your class, so your expense is just travel. Have fun and let us know how it went!

I would like to do it. I have never had any wood working class of any kind and I highly respect Greg, so it would be an honor to have him as my first teacher.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Thanks very much, I had to talk this over with my wife as we are in the last minutes of wrapping up the remodeling of our next home. She said go for it and I have to tell you it didn't take her long.

It is fantastic to have all these great friends and also to have such a supportive wife.

But, now I have to work double time to make up for the lost weekend.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
The class is a perfect match for you Mike. Congratulations on winning it. I know you will enjoy it very much.:icon_thum

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Mike, I can't think of a member that would enjoy a class by Gregory Paolini more than you. Congratulations to you. WARNING!!!! There is a lot of wood in Rick's shop for sale. Check the wallet at the door:rotflm:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congrats Mike....after seeing Greg at Hickory I can tell you every seconds of double time will be well worth it. :icon_thum

timf67

New User
Tim
I was only given a day to respond on a holiday weekend? I was in the mountains with no real connection to the outside. Since my name was drawn, shouldn't I still have dibs? Sorry if I take it from you Mike...

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Congrats Mike. can't wait to see what you guys turn out. I would have jumped on that class but I am busy all that weekend. :(

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I was only given a day to respond on a holiday weekend? I was in the mountains with no real connection to the outside. Since my name was drawn, shouldn't I still have dibs? Sorry if I take it from you Mike...

I don't know what the others may think, but I wouldn't feel right taking something that belongs to someone else. If you want it you are welcome to take it.

TracyP

Tracy
This is being posted on behalf of Rob, McRabbet. Rob is traveling and cannot get online. Rob contacted several members that had additional tickets drawn after the original winners could not attend. All were given the same time to respond and accept. One person did respond positive and will be attending. The Bod felt that the remaining seat needed to be filled quickly due to the class being this coming weekend, so we decided to post it as a first come first serve winner. Mike Davis was the first to reply to that offer. Mike Davis will remain the winner of that class. This was a decision made by the BOD and we feel it was done fairly.

"Rob will add to this thread later when he can get online"

timf67

New User
Tim
I know that it feels fair to the BOD, but not to me. I'm not sure how many others were contacted, I was originally told that I was the first runner-up and then Rob says I was like the 15th?!? So not sure what the story was. The true fair thing would be to send both of us if there is still space available in the class. I hate sounding like a whiner, and I do think that Mike has every right to attend since he didn't know what was going on behind the scenes. So if that is the BOD's decision so be it, easy come easy go...:dontknow:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Look, just let Tim go.

I don't need the class and I don't want anybody to have hard feelings about something I had no control over.

At this point I really just don't want to go.

wayne

New User
wayne
I don't have a dog in this fight but here's my .02 worth.
This is not directed toward Mike or Tim but is directed to the BOD.
In the future when you have a raffle for prizes you follow thru with your promise to post the winners of all prizes online when the names are drawn. Anyone that does not want their prize is free to sell, trade or dispose 0f it in any way they see fit which is what should have been done in this instance.
If no takers then there are no hard feelings and the BOD's credibility does'nt suffer as in this instance from changing the rules after the fact.

Wayne

TracyP

Tracy
A lot of thought and decision making has gone into this thread. A lot of good replies have been posted. I am closing this thread to further replies. We have made a decision based on the original post in this thread as we felt it was in the best interest of NCWW. Thanks to all that replied, ALL of your posts are being reviewed by the BOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors