Not open for further replies.

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
Last edited:

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Jeff, both of your links go to the same product.

But, the led shadow system looks pretty cool. It looks like it will operate without have to run the saw blade. All of the laser systems I have seem require the blade to be be spinning.

Unfortunately for me, the LED system is not designed to work on my old DW708. :wsad:

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
My SIL's Ryobi mitre saw has the laser guide. It also works only when the blade is spinning. I did not like having the blade spinning while I was trying to position the work piece. It didn't feel safe to me.

That LED system looks pretty cool, if it will work on your saw.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
If you are interested, I have one of the Irwin ones. It was given to me and wouldn't fit my saw. Its a great idea and I wish it had worked out.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I have a LaserKerf on mine. Mounts under the dust chute and needs to be wiped off from time to time. Operates w/o the spinning blade. Adjusts for blade width. Even so, I still cut mostly to a line.

Cato

New User
Bob
I like an independent switched laser. Also is nice to be able to position it on either side of the blade if needed.
I tend to leave mine on one side most of the time, and cut to a line when on the other side of the kerf for the odd cut or so.
Trying to postion with a spinning blade would be a big red flag to me.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
The LED System is great. It has a seperate switch so it works independently from the saw. Turn it on and leave it on if you wish. It lights up both sides of the blade. This allows changing blades without having to worry about alignment. No need to worry about which side of a lazer line you are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS