Lap Desk (w/pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I haven't done much in the shop lately but did get around to making a lap desk for my father. It is not much, not even my own design, but my dad wanted something that would hold a book in his lap while he is reading. He even sent me a pic- of course he could have bought one for what it cost me to make. The original was made from Baltic Birch, but I had none of that laying around and in fact had no decent ply of any type so I got some Oak (cheaper than Birch) ply "handi panels" at the Borg ("handi panel"- a euphemism for a WAY overpriced less than a full sheet of hardwood ply). I had some Walnut so edged everything with that. I don't know whether he will use it, other than to show his friends "something his son made." :-D:-D:-D

Lap Desk folded up:
LD-1.JPG

Lap Desk on its legs:
LD-2.JPG

Book support in the raised position:
LD-3.JPG

Holding a magazine (actually a Stickley Catalogue!):
LD-4.JPG

Oh, and the delivery man dropped this off yesterday- an 8" Shelix for my DJ-20 (if ya got a gloat, ya gots to gloat) :-D:-D:-D:-D:
Jointer_Shelix.JPG

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Alan, that lap desk is actually pretty cool! :icon_thum

and so is the Shelix...guess a

YOU SUCK!! is in order. :lol: :lol:

Chuck

J

jeff...

Have to admitt I had to do a double take cause I thought the thread first said something else. Novel idea on the desk and really nice looking to boot.

MikeH

New User
Mike
A nicely finished project and a stealth gloat. What could be better than that? CONGRATS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS