Laguna Tools16 (Meber) Italian Bandsaw - $1450 (Black Mountain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Saw this item and thought to buy it. However, I cannot find much in the way of detailed specs. The seller sent a pic of the label on the motor but it only shows 8.8 Amps and 220VAC - no indication of rated HP which could run from 1.5 to 5 based upon the research I did so far. In any case, you won't be bidding against me at the advertised price, but thought to share here as someone might know if this was a 'buy'

Robb Parker

New User
Robb
Being a European machine, it's probably rated at KW not horse power. There are conversions to figure out approximate horse power.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Saw this item and thought to buy it. However, I cannot find much in the way of detailed specs. The seller sent a pic of the label on the motor but it only shows 8.8 Amps and 220VAC - no indication of rated HP which could run from 1.5 to 5 based upon the research I did so far. In any case, you won't be bidding against me at the advertised price, but thought to share here as someone might know if this was a 'buy'
A picture would certainly help. I have a LT18 branded bridgewood and it is a VERY NICE bandsaw. I also have a 20" Delta for sale here in the classifieds if youre interested.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
laguna has always brought in excellent saws. i don't think they are MEBER though or if it is it's a pretty old one. most of their saws were Centrauro/Griggio and Meber may have been made in the same factory too.

either way 1450 seems to be a steep price to me. i've been out of the game for awhile, but i don't think a 16" italian made band saw is much more than that new.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
laguna has always brought in excellent saws. i don't think they are MEBER though or if it is it's a pretty old one. most of their saws were Centrauro/Griggio and Meber may have been made in the same factory too.

either way 1450 seems to be a steep price to me. i've been out of the game for awhile, but i don't think a 16" italian made band saw is much more than that new.

If it truly is Italian made....
https://lagunatools.com/classic-machinery/bandsaws/italian-lt16-hd/

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User

Phillip Mitchell

Phillip
User
Price is pretty steep to me. I inquired about the saw at some point. It has no blade break, which is a deal breaker for me. It's a late 90s model, so tough to compare to the exact models of today's Laguna line. Smaller re-saw capacity and smaller motor than what's available today.

I'd be much more interested in it for $600-800. The listing started out ar $1600, fyi.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
The picture looks almost identical to my Hammer 3800, an Austrian built saw, that I won at the picnic a couple years back. It's a great saw but the table is really low. I made a roll around base for it and that put the table at a better level for me.

Where is this picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS