Laguna LT18 HD Bandsaw (SOLD)

smurg

New User
Marty
Not mine:

Looks like these go for $3899 + $200 freight. Must have been one hell of a project to buy this as a one-off.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
The Laguna LTs (Italian made) are unmatched, I think hes comparing it to a Hammer when hes talking european , some would argue a much lesser machine.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Agreed. This add has been up for awhile. I am in the market for a bandsaw, and if If was the 3HP version, I’d likely have already jumped in. (I had all of my wiring/ circuits done in-wall when we were building, and unfortunately limited myself to 20A-240V where the bandsaw will live, (complete opposite end of the shop/garage from the sub panel). I never really resaw heavy stock anyway, so even 2HP would be more than enough for my needs, hence my wiring decision. Didn’t take into account “tool deals” though, ha.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Heath,

If you put in 10 gauge wire, you could simply change out the 20 Amp breaker for a 30 Amp one... Just saying...

mgreene93

Mark
Corporate Member
Agreed. This add has been up for awhile. I am in the market for a bandsaw, and if If was the 3HP version, I’d likely have already jumped in. (I had all of my wiring/ circuits done in-wall when we were building, and unfortunately limited myself to 20A-240V where the bandsaw will live, (complete opposite end of the shop/garage from the sub panel). I never really resaw heavy stock anyway, so even 2HP would be more than enough for my needs, hence my wiring decision. Didn’t take into account “tool deals” though, ha.
My 3hp LG 18” bandsaw was only around $2000 from Klingspor a couple years ago.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Heath,

If you put in 10 gauge wire, you could simply change out the 20 Amp breaker for a 30 Amp one... Just saying...

No glory unfortunately - 12ga wire. Good for the 20A, at the runs I have, but not up to a simple breaker swap to run 30A. 3HP, (or even 1.75-2HP) would be perfectly fine for my needs, (VERY infrequent re-sawing of anything big), but this is a pretty good deal on a practically new machine if as described.

Unrelated - there is a much older, (mid 90's) 3HP LT18 that's been on craigs for a month or so now, but it's well overpriced for the age - in my personal opinion. Might be worth it to someone though.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
The new Laguna BX18's are around $2k - but definitely a different caliber of saw than the LT line. That said, as the used market picking's are somewhat slim, the BX line, either 14 or 18 is on my decision list for a new saw, once they come back in-stock somewhere that I can lay eyes/ hands on one.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS