Kudos to Jim Creasman for his 8 page article in "American Period Furniture"

Jim Wallace

jimwallacewoodturning.com
Jim
Corporate Member
I saw a photo of this on Jim’s phone a couple of weeks ago. I’m looking forward to reading the article, Jim

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for your interest, everyone. The reference is to an article I wrote for the 2022 issue of American Period Furniture. This is the journal of the Society of American Period Furniture Makers (or SAPFM for short). I reached out to the editor to see when I can post the article here (probably as a .pdf in the resources section). SAPFM maintains exclusive publishing rights for the first 3 months. After that I can do as I wish. It's a bit of a gray area as to what constitutes "publish" but it's best if I wait until the end of January.

The article describes the process and techniques employed in making the spice box described in this earlier post. This is my second article published in the APF journal. Last year, I wrote one on the tools I made to make a Federal period card table.

I've enjoyed writing these and encourage others with an interest to submit ideas. Of course, you have to first be a member of SAPFM to submit to APF. Membership costs $75/year. This gets you a copy of the journal (yearly), Pins and Tales (quarterly newsletter in digital format), the web site with many free plans, access to resources, and their members forum. I joined in 2020. The focus is on period furniture. They have an annual meeting each January hosted at Colonial Williamsburg, as well as regional chapter meetings. Next year's mid-year conference will be in New Bern, NC. It's a great resource for those interested in American furniture.

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. SAPFM has a couple of chapters in our area -- Carolinas Chapter for NC/SC and Backcountry Carolina for the western end of the state.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congrats Jim!
I forgot about the card table... and you spice cabinet is awesome!

I hope we can twist your arm to create some more content for NCWW!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
For those interested I posted a PDF of the 2021 article on building a Federal card table, specifically on the tools made in the process. It's in the Resources section, titled Article on Tools Made to Make a Federal Card Table. I'll post the article from this years journal in February.
That article is AWESOME!
Loaded with multiple small projects that make-up the table.
Fans, stringing, bell flowers - let alone all the tools you built to do those tasks!

Thank you for posting that Jim.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS