Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Kreg Tool Company has donated to North Carolina Woodworker, Inc. a package of tools:

Precision Router Table $499,99
True-Flex™ Featherboard TWIN PACK $36.99
Micro-Adjuster $14.99

Total MSRP = $551.97:swoon::swoon::swoon:

These are brand new, still packaged products. I've done a bit of checking and the MSRPs above seem to the current street price as well.:eusa_danc:icon_thum:eusa_clap

First, I want to thank Kreg Tool for this unexpected and generous donation.

In the process of this coming about. I also talked to Kreg's Marketing Manager and it is clear that Kreg wants to support our user base. The first step of that besides the donation is that a representative of the company has already joined our site.

So let me formally Welcome the Kreg Tool Company to North Carolina Woodworker.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Also we must thank Tom Hintz a member in good standing since June of 2006. He is the person who started the ball rolling in this. In fact, he is the who suggested it to Kreg Tools :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Now comes the main question, what are we going to do with it?:dontknow::icon_scra Raise money, of course:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Our new Classified's Software wil be operational on Monday, so to help inuagurate it, this package will be sold via auction using the new software.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Steve,

That is AWESOME!!!

THANK YOU KREG TOOLS!

Now auction you say? My wife's gonna hide my debit card and have the bank ban me from their premises....

NCTurner

New User
Gary
Just a suggestion, but maybe better off doing a raffle. Set it up to be drawn after a set amount of tickets are sold....be able to get more that the street value of the tools that way. I know I for one am more likely to spend say $25.00 for 3/4 entries than I am able to afford $500.00+ for tools. Times that by how ever many active users say 67 = $1675.00. Just my .02 worth.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Just a suggestion, but maybe better off doing a raffle. Set it up to be drawn after a set amount of tickets are sold....be able to get more that the street value of the tools that way. I know I for one am more likely to spend say $25.00 for 3/4 entries than I am able to afford $500.00+ for tools. Times that by how ever many active users say 67 = $1675.00. Just my .02 worth.

This is a great idea!!! I second the raffle idea. I know the logistics are a little more difficult, but I agree that we could probably do better with a raffle as apposed to the auction.

Almost forgot......THANK YOU KREG TOOL COMPANY!!!!

Glennbear

Glenn
That is great news!!! hopefully other manufacturers will also realize just how important an entity NCWW really is :wsmile:

RayH

New User
Ray
Many thanks to Kreg -- good tools and apparently a good company.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Another raffle vote.

Ray

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Fantastic news!!!!

Thanks, KREG, Steve and Tom!

This is a very generous contribution and will be very much appreciated I am sure.

Wayne

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
This is great. My hats off to all who helped make this happen. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Awesome! I am also a raffle proponent. I would not buy the router table for anything near what it is probably worth, but I would buy a ticket to try to win it. And Gary is dead on about the math - I would be willing to pay $10 for a 1 in 100 shot because I would consider it a donation with just an outside chance of winning something.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Just spent some money with Kreg. Really happy I did. Of course I have aways been happy with their stuff.

Thanks to all involved.

I think the raffle is the way to go. Of course this may mean more work for Bas. Since he is #2 he gets all the dirty jobs. The easiest way is the auction but a raffle should raise a whole lot more money.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I agree that a raffle would be a better way to go, assuming a certain number of tickets are sold. Not everyone would be in a financial position to get in a bidding war but would probably be able to afford a few tickets. That seems to be a much fairer way to handle this and probably would result in more money being raised for the site.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I agree that a raffle would be a better way to go, assuming a certain number of tickets are sold. Not everyone would be in a financial position to get in a bidding war but would probably be able to afford a few tickets. That seems to be a much fairer way to handle this and probably would result in more money being raised for the site.

I posted in favor before, but to follow up on yours I would go a step further and say that number of tickets should be specified up front and be about double what MSRP is - it is a fund raiser after all. Then the drawing doesn't happen until the tickets are all sold.

woodylarry

New User
Larry
Where do I send my money? For the raffle, that is.

Thank you KREG TOOL and the other fine folks here that brought this to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS