Knightdale's in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

CohibaCris

New User
Cris Rogers
My name is Cris, and I have the scars to prove I am a wood butcher.

Been carving and general woodworking for about a year now. I would have started sooner but funding for this insane addiction and space wasn't available. I am a closet TV woodworking show junkie, and I think I've watch some of these bits 10-15 times - it doesn't get old.

The carving is my true passion - relief, architectural, sculpture, you name it and I'll try it. I'm decent at it, and completely unafraid (enter the scars) so I hope to get better with experience.

That's it for now - make big wood into smaller wood!
Cris

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Cris, I am glad you could join us. Carving is an aspect of woodworking I haven't tried yet. My wife really wants me to, because her grandfather was a really fine carver. I would love to see some pictures of your work. Please Request a Photo Albumm and post some for us all to see. I look forward to your input in the forums. See you around!!
Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi Cris and Welcome!!

Have you ever had the opportunity to talk to the guys at the Raleigh Woodcraft regarding carving? There is one fella there (John ...maybe??? I am terrible at remembering names.:crybaby2:) that is an excellent carver and often displays some of his work. Pretty amazing stuff and he just uses his trusty pocket knife!

I too would love to see some of your work!

See ya and take care!

Wayne

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Cris,

Welcome to the NCWW. You'll love this place. I've never tired carving and suspsct I should at least try... I'm a fair portrait artist but that's only two dimentions. My father was a really terrific carver although cabinets, furniture and floors were his trainning and calling. Be sure to post some pics of your work.

Ray

M

McRabbet

Welcome, Chris -- I'd love to hear more about your carving -- I've wanted to try some sign or relief carving for starters, but have never gotten past reading a few books about it and buying some basic chisels -- too much time spent on other stuff or lazy, who knows... Anyhow, welcome to the NC Woodworker site and forums -- we think you'll enjoy the sharing folks here and hope you'll add to it!

Rob

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Welcome to the group! I would love to see some of your carvings! That is a true art, and it completely escapes me.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Cris and welcome to the site. I am not a carver either but it really intrigues me. Looks like there's a lot of talent in that skill. Please post pix of your work. Again, welcome!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Cris, we're always glad to have new talent. :cool:

BTW, I'm curious about you bio comment that you found NCWoodworker through Fine Woodworking, Taunton Press. How did that happen :?::?::?:

Sapwood

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Cris, welcome to the site. I am glad you could join us. I would love to see some of your carvings. I have very limited experience with carving but had fun trying it. It is a great way to pass time when space and access to tools is limited.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS