Klingspor's / Woodcraft Question

Herdfan2005

New User
Jason
I feel silly asking but 'd like to know without bothering them.

For the large equipment they have in the store, can that be purchased and taken home or do they order it from manufacture and ship it to you?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would call ahead to see what they have in local inventory. I did that for the SawStop I purchased from Klingspors

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I bought my Rikon bandsaw at Klingspor, drove around back and loaded it in the van.

I'm sure you could have it shipped if that's what you need.

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
When I bought my Rikon bandsaw earlier this year, it was not in stock (Woodcraft Charlotte). They ordered it and it shipped to the store. If you have it shipped to your house, you gotta pay the freight shipping costs.

vinson

Doug
Corporate Member
Got my supermax from klingspor in Hickory. Pulled to the side of the building and they loaded it in my truck. No fuss, no muss.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I purchased my Supermax drum sander, Rikon 14" bandsaw, 16" Steel City drill press and a Rikon mini lathe, all directly from store inventory at the Raleigh Woodcraft store.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I got my Jet bandsaw at Woodcraft in Greenville last Saturday. I purchased it on August 31, the last day of their $200 off sale, and it just came in. If I had called earlier on the 31st, I might have gotten it quicker as they sold their last inventory that day. They loaded it, skillfully, in the back of my pickup. They deleted the pallet in the process and also loaded it so the bottom was towards the tailgate. That greatly facilitated tilting it out of the bed after I attached the base. Unloading a 270lb saw can be an issue.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'd just have it delivered to my home and pay the delivery cost. Many of us are not equipped or willing to try unloading heavy equipment from our truck.

The delivery cost is a small part of what's paid for the equipment.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I chatted with Mike @ Klingspor this morning. Home delivery is definitely an option, probably with a delivery charge but it's not gonna be sitting by the street aka "drop shipped" by a semi-truck.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors