Klingspors Virtual Extravaganza 2020

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'm in at the Hickory Store--scroll sawing and/or pen making; I'm sure Western Piedmont Woodcrafters will also jump in, just say when.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Hi Michael, YES please bring the burners. Yes please wipe down after someone uses them. This is a great idea and really appreciate you guys jumping in last minute and doing this. It will be very low key compared to our normal events but hopefully the spirit of the Extravaganza will be in full display until we can fill up the Metro Center in 2021.
So I will need some antibacterial wipes for the burners. Can we please make sure we'll have a good stock there for the event?

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
The daily schedule with some wiggle room is as follows, included to so folks can return multiple times to see certain processes:
Friday, Oct 23 - Assemble 16 foot strong back (on casters to allow nightly shortage in store), mount stations and begin build. First is stems, keelson, and outer gunwale
Saturday - Install horizontal stringers and begin rib forming. This should be of interest to many as the ribs are steam bent.
Sunday - Complete the rib installation and form the cutwater pieces, again all steam bent
Monday - Install temporary thwarts and remove from form
Tuesday - Install decks, inner gunwales, thwarts and floor boards
Weds - Sand entire frame and coat with sealer
Thurs - Install Kevlar roving
Friday - Install and shrink 9 oz Dacron covering. This should be of interest to many
Sat - Install rubrail, cutwaters and keel. Apply coat of waterproofing sealer Aside from a few more coats of sealer, the canoe is now done, hopefully just over 20 pounds.

arrow 14.jpg

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil, this makes me want to be in Raleigh for a week!

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
Neal,

Any further updates on the schedule, particularly with regards to helping Phil?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Neal,

Any further updates on the schedule, particularly with regards to helping Phil?
The commitments for helping out Phil have been posted to the chart in the post #1. You and @Bear Republic have offered to fill in on other days that Phil is demonstrating.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Neal,
Probably do need scrolling supplies: blades, wood, training, etc. LOL!
Probably need to make a run to Greenville and cut grass. Still don't have a closing date :mad:, but I do have a contract.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Neal,

I'll help Phil. I am flexible as far as days so can work around other's schedules.
24 and 25 will be busy days steam bending parts. 30 and 31 will also be busy installing covering and adding trim. I have help on 24 and 29, so any other day would be great. I will be there by 10 each day

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS