bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Message from Coleman:
===========
Hello All,

I wanted to reach out to each of you to see if there is any interest from you and your club members to participate in some level at one of our retail stores during the week of Oct.23rd – Oct.31st. I couldn’t just let October and our 20th anniversary of the Extravaganza just be cancelled completely. Also, as you know, the show is a big part of our goal to further the hobby of woodworking and let folks see how fun and exciting woodworking can be. We have spread out the event to several days to keep the crowds down and help in our social distancing mandates.

The plan is to have daily/weekly sales at each of our stores as well as have any participation from you guys to talk to customers(small scale) and see if you can increase the interest in your woodworking club and the hobby in general. I propose that we have one club in a location per day with announcements on our social media and in the stores. The clubs can be doing demos/show and tell/ etc so that customers can take a look at what your club is all about. We need to keep the members to a minimum of 10 people and of course we would ask that mask be worn but if you have any desire in participating then we would love to have you.

Happy Woodworking,
Coleman Fourshee Sr. - General Manager
Klingspor's Woodworking Shop
============

I have asked Coleman to book 10/24 for the Winston Salem and Cary locations for us to represent NCWW. (10/24 is already booked by another organization in Hickory and Asheville.)

These dates for Winston and Cary are confirmed, what we have so far:

Demo hours 10am-2pm
Winston 10/24Cary 10/24Hickory TBDAsheville TBD
Graywolfsaw sharpening
CharlieSegmented turnings
BertaScroll saw
Bear RepublicAs needed
BowmanAs needed
Michael MathewsPyrography
mquanAs needed

Let me know if you want to participate, which location, and a date that will need to be confirmed with Coleman for availability.

Phil's schedule and assistants: Outside Canoe build - Afternoon daily
10/2310/2410/2510/2610/2710/2810/2910/30
PhilSPhilSclosedPhilSPhilSPhilSPhilSPhilS
GolfdadMrFixit71GraywolfDanny BatchelorMrFixit71

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I should be available on 10/24 at Cary if you need anyone for scroll saw work. I assume we will need our own PPE.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
UPDATED:
Store hours are 9-6 during the week & 9-5 on Saturday. Klingspors' marketing will state demo hours are from 10:00-2:00, we can stay longer if want to

Please bring your own PPE, as sharing is currently frowned upon without sufficient sanitizing processes.

Klingspors will have tools available as there will only be one club in the store on any given day.

Last edited:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I plan on building a Geodesic AeroLite canoe. I will setup outside and working/explaining what I am doing each afternoon, I should be able to go from start to finish over the eight or so days.
I will be building a 14' canoe that should come in under 30 lbs.
Assistance would be great, but no more than one assistant per afternoon

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I plan on building a Geodesic AeroLite canoe. I will setup outside and working/explaining what I am doing each afternoon, I should be able to go from start to finish over the eight or so days.

Anyone wanting to assist Phil, let me know which day you want to assist, first come, first served.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Count me in for helping out for what ever the needs are. My schedule is pretty open at the moment. I can help Phil out, I'm sure he needs my supervision skills greatly. :cool:

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Count me in for helping out for what ever the needs are. My schedule is pretty open at the moment. I can help Phil out, I'm sure he needs my supervision skills greatly. :cool:
I put you in the store on 10/24, if you're wanting to assist Phil, let me know which days you want to be there. Hoping others in Triangle area will be there also.

I will setup outside and working/explaining what I am doing each afternoon, I should be able to go from start to finish over the eight or so days.
Phil will be there in the afternoon hours

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
It would be nice to have some company in the Winston store on the 24th! So if anyone close to this area that wants to display your work and talk with folks about our organization as they come through, that would be awesome. So don’t let me have all the fun and come out, take part, and if you have a backsaw or dovetail saw that needs touching up I’ll be sharpening while we talk about NCWW!

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm planning on being at the Winston store, so busy getting this coordinated I forgot to put myself in the chart. I'll be there, will find something to do.

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
Neal,

I'll help Phil. I am flexible as far as days so can work around other's schedules.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Neal,
I can probably be at the Cary store with a Pyrography setup if that's acceptable. If we're allowed to let people try their hand at wood burning, I can bring the two extra burners and set them up so people can make a book mark "Make and Take"! If the 24th is the only day for us at the Cary store, then I guess that would be the day I'd be available. Otherwise, I'd offer Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday. I'm on call for work the following week so I won't be available any time after Sunday.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Michael. Plan on taking the extra burners with you, I'll get some clarification from Coleman if they will be allowing others to do hands-on work. I would say if that is allowed, be prepared to sanitize the equipment after each person comes in contact with it.

We are committed to the Oct 24th (Saturday) for the inside area, but Phil may can use an extra body on one of your other free days while he demonstrates the canoe build.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Danny, you're on the schedule!

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Thanks Michael. Plan on taking the extra burners with you, I'll get some clarification from Coleman if they will be allowing others to do hands-on work. I would say if that is allowed, be prepared to sanitize the equipment after each person comes in contact with it.

We are committed to the Oct 24th (Saturday) for the inside area, but Phil may can use an extra body on one of your other free days while he demonstrates the canoe build.
Hi Michael, YES please bring the burners. Yes please wipe down after someone uses them. This is a great idea and really appreciate you guys jumping in last minute and doing this. It will be very low key compared to our normal events but hopefully the spirit of the Extravaganza will be in full display until we can fill up the Metro Center in 2021.

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Phil, this is SO COOL - thanks for participating. Let me know if you need anything from us - tables etc. Coleman

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Neal, I can most likely fill in where we have holes. I can do a couple days. Also if Coleman needs any assistances, I can help out.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS