Klingspor Woodworking Showcase -- Support Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

The Klingspor Woodworking Showcase will be held on September 17th at the Raleigh Klingspor's Woodworking Shop at 3141 Capitol Blvd. Please review the original announcement thread (here, in Upcoming Events).

1) First and foremost, NC Woodworkers should try to enter one or more of their projects in the event -- review the Showcase brochure found here and register (fee discounted if by this Saturday).

2) If you enter or not, please also consider helping out with a demonstration:

We need folks to do demo's at the Raleigh Klingspor ShowCase on Saturday September 17th. Here are some examples:
Pen turning
Bowl, hollow form or whatever turning
Worksharp/Tormek sharpening
Scroll saw
Band saw
Hand cut dovetails
Hand plane tuning

OTHER

(lathes, workbenches and a scrollsaw will be available; just bring your tools and materials)

3) We need volunteers to help out with manning an NC Woodworker.net information Booth as well.

Lunch will be available on Saturday -- $6 for a BBQ plate ($1 off if you're an entrant!).

Please reply to this thread or send me a PM if you can help. There are not time requirements so the first ones to sign up get to pick what and when. If you cannot volunteer, come show your support for the folks that enter and for Klingspor's Woodworking Shop that is hosting the Showcase.
Thanks all!

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
Rob,
I'll volunteer for the pen turning portion of the demo at Klingspor. But I will need to have the Worksharp/Tormek demo person sharpen my tools first.:rotflm: No really!
Let me know if I need to fillout a form, call someone, sell a kidney or what the next steps are.

Thanks,
Kevin

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rob,
I'll volunteer for the pen turning portion of the demo at Klingspor. But I will need to have the Worksharp/Tormek demo person sharpen my tools first.:rotflm: No really!
Let me know if I need to fillout a form, call someone, sell a kidney or what the next steps are.

Thanks,
Kevin

Just come and enjoy

M

McRabbet

Kevin,

Thanks for your offer to demonstrate pen turning -- I'm sure that your tools can get sharpened! Just bring some pen kits and prepare to have fun!

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Need to talk to my wife, but I may be able to do some bowl turning. In that vein I can demonstrate some Easywood turning tools. I will get back to you and post here.

M

McRabbet

If I can get transportation, I can do some bandsaw demonstrations.

What all should I bring?
All one needs for a demonstration is some material suitable to your demonstration -- please let me know if you need any special machine setup and we can ask Paul Rolfe for help. Thanks for volunteering to help.

M

McRabbet

It would be great if we could have a few more volunteers to demonstrate lathe work (bowls or pen turning) and bandsaw techniques. Or maybe Handplanes? Thanks.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just a reminder to all our members and users. The main mission of NCWW is an educational service for wood workers. Every one of you has talents and skills to share. Please give a little bit of your time and help.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well put, Scott. Many times I feel my skills far inferior to others but WWing is like tennis or golf. There will always be someone that can do it better than you and there will always be someone that can learn from you as well.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Just bumping this one back to the top. Some volunteers would be wonderful, but please plan on stopping by even if you can't do demos, etc. We'd love to see you all. :eek:ccasion1

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I will be out of town then, else I'd make the trip down to Raleigh. Of course, a stop by Scott Smith's place would have to be in my plans. So that is two swell thing I will miss out on. :no:

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
My apologies. I packed up my turning tools a couple of blanks, and my chucks and drove to Klingspor. Unfortunately I went today and the show was yesterday! D'oh! :BangHead:

I could not make it yesterday anyway. It was my daughter's 13th birthday party and I could not miss that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS