Klingspor in Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
I am pretty sure this is not or will be the last review on customer service at the Raleigh location. Was there recently and was very pleased with the attention and willingness to help locate and offer advice on anything. Those guys are a pleasure to deal with. Thumbs Up!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was at the Winston-Salem location yesterday and was (as usual) overwhelmed with the level of customer service.
Agreed - a pleasure to deal with and two thumbs up!:icon_thum:icon_thum

It is really different these days doing business with a professional company and employees who truly care!

Last edited:

DavidS

David
User
Yesterday, I went to the Hickory store to buy a drill press and mobile stand. I was in and out with the drill press loaded on my truck in about ten minutes. Hard to beat that service. Great guys, too.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Had nothing but good experiences working with them at the shop in Raleigh or at the Extravaganza. And really appreciate the effort they expend to put on a local woodworking event in the area.

Great folks to work with.

123samic

New User
Sam
Same here, every time I stop by I get all the help that i could ask for. They are also the only place in my area that still carries deft.

mtdawg

New User
jim
Ditto to all said above. I was in the Raleigh store last week. Had some questions on scroll saw blades which they answered with a high level of knowledge. Great group of people.

Rbohno

New User
Rich
I went to the Hickory store yesterday and the two gentlemen ( i am using that word loosely) I spoke with were the extremely arrogant. I was inquiring about one of their table saws and the salesman kept pushing me to the SawStop. I told him they were great saws but $2600 was out of my budget. He went on a 5 minute rant about how much are your fingers worth and if they can sew them back on they are never the same. I politely told him shapers and routers eat a lot of fingers as well and that I was just going to browse.

I then ask the guy at the counter about shaper bits and his response was "There are only 10k different styles so I would have to look in a catalog to order one.

I wont go back in that store

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I always go to the Raleigh store first......great ppl working there :gar-La;

Rbohno

New User
Rich
I wish Raleigh wasn't 3 hours away, I guess I will have to go to the other guys in Charlotte from now on.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
First the disclaimer. I work part time at the Raleigh store. Rich, I'm sorry you felt you had a bad experience at the Hickory store. I understand your comment for both sides. First, without going anywhere near the politics, I can say that in my time being around Sawstop saws I have become a believer in them. I have had numerous customers in the Raleigh store who have their fingers because of them, including a young teenage guy who would have lost fingers in a shop class at a local High School. Yes, many people don't have budgets for them, but God forbid you had an accident, do you have the ER and hospital costs as well as the wages lost in your budget? When you believe strongly in something, it sometimes can be mistaken for arrogance. I'm sure that the guys at the Hickory store weren't intentionally acting that way. As far as the shaper bits, please understand that there are so many different shaper and router bits that no one can stock them all. Almost daily I interact with a customer looking for a specific profile bit to match an existing piece. Sometimes I can get close with what we stock but many times we can't. In that instance We do refer to catalog. Please understand that we aren't trying to upset you ,but we want you to be able to get just what your looking for.

Last edited:

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
I went to the Hickory store yesterday and the two gentlemen ( i am using that word loosely) I spoke with were the extremely arrogant. I was inquiring about one of their table saws and the salesman kept pushing me to the SawStop. I told him they were great saws but $2600 was out of my budget. He went on a 5 minute rant about how much are your fingers worth and if they can sew them back on they are never the same. I politely told him shapers and routers eat a lot of fingers as well and that I was just going to browse.

I then ask the guy at the counter about shaper bits and his response was "There are only 10k different styles so I would have to look in a catalog to order one.

I wont go back in that store

So sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive experience in our Hickory location. Our goal is and will always be to treat each and every customer with respect and when we hear we fall short we are truly disappointed.

My store manager Mike remembers discussing router bits and shaper cutters with a customer at the counter. He mentioned that the customer asked differences in router bits and shaper cutters and due to the questions, he handed said customer a Freud catalog, discussed the numerous options and said that he could order them and they could be here in 3 days.

The Sawstop discussion was with one of my part-timers and based on comments must have gotten excited about his personal views and the safety features, however I have not spoken to him to see what transpired from his perspective. Obviously, this type of salesmanship, when personal feelings and excitement get involved, is not what we are looking for, especially if told not interested, so I can assure you that I will use this example and form of complaint as a learning experience for all Klingspor's Woodworking Shop employees.

Again, I apologize for my staff if you didn't have a positive experience in our Hickory location and I certainly hope that one experience doesn't spoil our opportunity to get it right with you forever.

As for my staff in ALL my locations, these gentlemen are a great asset to our organization and are 100% available to help with any type of woodworking related questions(maybe even non-woodworking related questions if brave enough to ask!):) We are grateful to have them.

Coleman Fourshee
Klingspor's Woodworking Shop
cfourshee@woodworkingshop.com

Bapakleo

New User
Leo
Rich, all vendors are great and the handiwork of all members is worthy of emulation. (sarcasm) Keep your chin up and thanks for YOUR insight.

jonnyfontaine

New User
Jonny
First the disclaimer. I work part time at the Raleigh store. Rich, I'm sorry you felt you had a bad experience at the Hickory store. I understand your comment for both sides. First, without going anywhere near the politics, I can say that in my time being around Sawstop saws I have become a believer in them. I have had numerous customers in the Raleigh store who have their fingers because of them, including a young teenage guy who would have lost fingers in a shop class at a local High School. Yes, many people don't have budgets for them, but God forbid you had an accident, do you have the ER and hospital costs as well as the wages lost in your budget? When you believe strongly in something, it sometimes can be mistaken for arrogance. I'm sure that the guys at the Hickory store weren't intentionally acting that way. As far as the shaper bits, please understand that there are so many different shaper and router bits that no one can stock them all. Almost daily I interact with a customer looking for a specific profile bit to match an existing piece. Sometimes I can get close with what we stock but many times we can't. In that instance We do refer to catalog. Please understand that we aren't trying to upset you ,but we want you to be able to get just what your looking for.

Hi Brad, I've dealt with you before at Klingspor and have to say even though I only bought CA glue activator you were great to deal with, nice, polite, and friendly. Unfortunately until you my experiances at klingspor weren't the best, never bad but I always felt like I wasn't the most welcome customer. I'm glad they hired ya, and hope your attitude rubs off... Thanks

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Honestly, I've never had a problem at the Raleigh store. Someone always asks if they can help (once) and then they let me be, if I have more questions, they are always answered. I've had much more personality issues at the OTHER Raleigh woodworking store, and now only go there for things on sale.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Honestly, I've never had a problem at the Raleigh store. Someone always asks if they can help (once) and then they let me be, if I have more questions, they are always answered. I've had much more personality issues at the OTHER Raleigh woodworking store, and now only go there for things on sale.

Are you "The JimmyC"? How the heck are you Jimmy?

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I'm doing great Scott, how are you and the family doing ? This is the first time in a while that I've been on here, and it's good to see that some of the old-timers ;) are still here.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Yep, some of us old timers just keep hanging in there -- believe it or not, yesterday I was looking at some pictures of the Shop Crawl back in 2008 that included your shop -- go figure! Hope all is well with you!

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I'll have to issure a disclaimer also. I worked in Klingspore's Chjarlotte store. Coleman runs a tight ship. Half of our job around the store was answering project or product questions. Klingspore tries to hire woodworkers. If we could sale you a product to solve a problem we would, but sometimes it was a couple of us at the counter with a customer sketching on paper. Most of our customers were return customers and we want to keep 'em coming back. A NEW woodworker! That's when we rolled out the red carpet.

Pop

Bapakleo

New User
Leo
An appropriate response would have been something to the effect of, "We've discussed your experience in the store and each of us is working to insure you never have that impression again. We hope you'll be back to give us another chance to win your loyalty."

I have no idea who did or said what at the Hickory store, but the response came across to me as, "Not our guys. They remembered you but said they did it all right." (In other words, your fault entirely). I would have refrained from responding to this but that was exactly the attitude you gave me at Extravaganza when I suggested a higher representation of quality hand tools and more emphasis on furniture making. I thought you'd say, "We'll consider that next time. Thanks." What you gave me was "You just don't understand the problems."

Clearly the majority of members have a wonderful time at Klingspor's. I suggest that the objective should be all of us do.

So sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive experience in our Hickory location. Our goal is and will always be to treat each and every customer with respect and when we hear we fall short we are truly disappointed.

My store manager Mike remembers discussing router bits and shaper cutters with a customer at the counter. He mentioned that the customer asked differences in router bits and shaper cutters and due to the questions, he handed said customer a Freud catalog, discussed the numerous options and said that he could order them and they could be here in 3 days.

The Sawstop discussion was with one of my part-timers and based on comments must have gotten excited about his personal views and the safety features, however I have not spoken to him to see what transpired from his perspective. Obviously, this type of salesmanship, when personal feelings and excitement get involved, is not what we are looking for, especially if told not interested, so I can assure you that I will use this example and form of complaint as a learning experience for all Klingspor's Woodworking Shop employees.

Again, I apologize for my staff if you didn't have a positive experience in our Hickory location and I certainly hope that one experience doesn't spoil our opportunity to get it right with you forever.

As for my staff in ALL my locations, these gentlemen are a great asset to our organization and are 100% available to help with any type of woodworking related questions(maybe even non-woodworking related questions if brave enough to ask!):) We are grateful to have them.

Coleman Fourshee
Klingspor's Woodworking Shop
cfourshee@woodworkingshop.com

zapdafish

New User
Steve
Only problem I have is waiting at the counter to pay and no one is available because they are answering questions. I have waited 5+ minutes before. At least there are fine woodworking mags to page through instead of cosmo, or people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS