Klingspor in Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sometimes happens but I don't mind waiting if I know they're helping other customers and not busy texting their girlfriend like happens to me at fast-food places in Cary. But I digress.

One thing I've found is that if you go early on Saturday right after they open or at least before lunch, they are not as crowded as after lunch. But then that also applies to a lot of stores in the area. I'm planning on heading over there tomorrow morning. Need some Birch Plywood for a couple projects.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Maybe before we start grumping about a few problems with Klingspore we might want to remember thay are a supporter of our club.

Bill Golden

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
OK, seeing as JimmyC, Brad, Scott and McRabbet, etc. have contributed to this thread. I thought I would too. I remember organizing that shop crawl to Jimmy's. With the weather getting nice I am planning on working some wood again!

As far ac Klingspor goes, I have always had terrific interactions with them. Coleman is aces and the fact that he responded to this thread says a lot.

BTW: I am coming to the picnic May 17th!

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
I've been to the Raleigh store quite a few times, the last time being today to buy Timbermate and varnish. Every single time there has been a pleasure. Having to wait at the counter to pay is all part of shopping at most any store. Furthermore, I think it's always a good idea to examine our actions prior to condemning anyone else. As I get older I think to myself whenever I have an issue with anyone, if there is anything I did or said to provoke their reaction. Sometimes the answer is, "definitely yes".

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
Only problem I have is waiting at the counter to pay and no one is available because they are answering questions. I have waited 5+ minutes before. At least there are fine woodworking mags to page through instead of cosmo, or people.

While this is my experience as well on occasion, I find it an opportunity to explore another aisle or check out the Triangle Woodworkers display.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS