Klingspor Extravaganza - October 24 & 25

Are you attending the Klingspor Extravaganza?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, October is right around the corner and before you know it the Klingspor Extravaganza will be in our backyard.

NCWW members have had a great showing at this show the past couple of years ... so what's this year look like? Are you going? What's the plan?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I will be there, actually taking a day off from work:swoon::swoon:

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Well, October is right around the corner and before you know it the Klingspor Extravaganza will be in our backyard.

NCWW members have had a great showing at this show the past couple of years ... so what's this year look like? Are you going? What's the plan?

Can you enlighten those of us who have never been? How big a deal is this? Is it worth traveling to? If you had your choice would you attend this one or the woodworking show in the spring?

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
It is a regional show and smaller than the woodworking show in the spring, but still a decent show. It's hosted by Klingspor -- out of Hickory -- and they do a good job of getting vendors to show. Now don't quote me, but I'd guess about 35 vendors are on the floor, plus a huge section for carvers to show their wares and a few other booths for other clubs (like NCWW). Usually a few good deals to be had, but for me it's more about just going and enjoying the company.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
prolly not this time.:no: work is slow money is tight and gas is high!:embaresse I've never found a realy great deal at the show anyway and I dont need any more tools.:rotflm: thats my story and I'm stickin to it!:gar-La;

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I hope to be there. It's one of things like the Spring Picnic that I really look forward to.
Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
There will be a "formal" thread about this sometime tomorrow. I am hoping we will have a large official presence.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
"I am hoping we will have a large official presence."

If I go can I be the officially large presence?:gar-La;

I have to stop writing my own material!!!

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I really wanted to attend this but it turns out it's during the one time this year my wife is travelling somewhere without me and I need to watch the kids. :eusa_doh:

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Man I can't wait:eusa_clap.For those that haven't been if you can try to come over. Last year was my first.The best part was meeting my NCWWER family. To me that in it's self was worth the trip:thumbs_up.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Planning to be there on Friday. Hoping to bring a friend also. I enjoyed the show, food, and fellowship last year.

:wsmile:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Planning to be there on Friday. Hoping to bring a friend also. I enjoyed the show, food, and fellowship last year.

:wsmile:

Can I be your friend that day?:rotflm: I would like to carpool with you if there is room.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I'll be up on Saturday if anyone from Metrolina wants to share a ride. Need to go by Kyle's on the way or way back depending on when he's available. Carpool anyone?

Mark

cskipper

Cathy
Geoff, it's not a huge tool show. But it is a wonderful experience. They have a phenomenal carving contest/demonstration and display. But the best part is our (NCWW) getting together. Last year we did lathe, scroll saw, sharpening demo's. Great fun! We also have a great meal and lots of fellowship. One year we turned pens to send to the troops. We will be there on Saturday.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
"I am hoping we will have a large official presence."

If I go can I be the officially large presence?:gar-La;

I have to stop writing my own material!!!
:rotflm:
Geoff, I'll ask Steve to designate you as the Offiical NC WW Sun Blocker :) For making me laugh out loud I'll reward you with some very nice woodworking magazines, free!

(well, _technically_ they come from Andy, but hey, I'm delivering them! :rolf:)

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I have seriously thought about bringing the kids, but ultimately it would probably end up being a bad idea, with the ~3 hours of travel time and a few hours looking, my 3 and 2 year old might get a bit antsy ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS