Klingspor Extravaganza- October 21-22, 2022

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you to @Mike Davis for getting a jump on discussing this wonderful event.
If you missed it here is the thread: https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/extravaganza-october-21-22-2022.76029/#post-706917

I want to encourage everyone from NCWW to at least attend for a day (especially if you are looking for a deal on tools or other things for our (business, craft, hobby)!

But what I am hopeful for is volunteers, committed volunteers who will sign-up and show-up to help man our booth at the event.
First of all, it is NOT a lot of work, but it IS a lot of fun. You get to meet members of this wonderful site as well as other like-minded people attending the show.
Second, this is our chance to get the word out about the forum while supporting Klingspor who is one of our avid and vocal supporters.

A BIG shout-out and thank you to those of you who have already committed to helping.
ScottM, Barry W, MRfixit71, Johnny R, Mquan01, Roger 45, Berta, Chuck Moreton, Michael Mathews

We will need people for the following spots;
Thursday set-up (many hands make light work) we will likely start between noon and 1:00 with hopes to wrap-up by 4:00 or 5:00 at the latest.
Friday - Greeters, Safety (the greeter and the safety person may be one in the same or two people sharing the duties), Various Demos, Lathe, Scroll Saw, there may be more openings if we choose to do bird houses or other projects we have done in the past
Saturday - Greeters, Safety, Various Demos, Lathe, Scroll Saw etc. (as above)

Please post on this thread;
1. Your NCWW handle AND your full name, 2. When you plan to be there (day and time) and 3. What you would prefer to do

Here is are sign-up sheets I have created and hope to have filled LONG before the event. (Note that I have 10 slots for demos for Friday and 8 slots for Saturday. (Dependent upon your demo and the space you require, we may need to shift things around time-wise or space-wise)
Unfortunately, you will not be able to fill these out here on-line, but if you follow the instructions above I will fill it in for you.

1660104644129.png

1660104712544.png

1660181747996.png

Last edited:

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Chuck Moreton all day Thursday for set up.
Chuck Moreton all day Friday for Lathe
Chuck Moreton all day,Saturday on a Lathe
Berta Friday and Saturday scroll saw demo.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
HEY!
We need photographer(s) for both days or videographer...
Let us know if you could or if you know somebody!!

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I'll sign up for unloading the trailer until the end of the day Thursday.
Also all day from setup to next day prep for Friday.
Also all day from setup to packing the trailer on Saturday.
I can do Pyrography demos any time Friday and Saturday. That is, if you want me to take up some space and have the "Make and Take" book marks as I've done in the past.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'll sign up for unloading the trailer until the end of the day Thursday.
Also all day from setup to next day prep for Friday.
Also all day from setup to packing the trailer on Saturday.
I can do Pyrography demos any time Friday and Saturday. That is, if you want me to take up some space and have the "Make and Take" book marks as I've done in the past.
Thank you @Michael Mathews I hoped you would do the Pyrography demos as you have done in the past!

Last edited:

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
My calendar is open if I'm needed. Long drive. I can be a gofer as long as the legs hold up.
Taking pictures, turning pens, duck calls demos if needed. Setup, takedown.

I can NOT give bandsaw lessons!

Last edited:

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
I can help with setup all afternoon on Thursday and be a greeter and photographer for the full event and help with striking our area Saturday.

BTW, what are our safety guidelines/policy?

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Thought I answered this but I guess I just hit return instead of "post reply" for not the first time. I'll be there Thursday for set up and leave Saturday before 1:00. Can help with lathe and greeter.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thought I answered this but I guess I just hit return instead of "post reply" for not the first time. I'll be there Thursday for set up and leave Saturday before 1:00. Can help with lathe and greeter.
John, (@JohnnyR) I think you did answer this on Mike Davis' thread... still appreciate you putting it here too! (Looking forward to seeing you)

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can help with setup all afternoon on Thursday and be a greeter and photographer for the full event and help with striking our area Saturday.

BTW, what are our safety guidelines/policy?
We will have a list of our safety guidelines for all attendees.

Millmarks

Doug
Corporate Member
Talking with Phil S yesterday he suggested that made4me.org display our cardboard furniture at the booth also. We're hoping to get volunteers to help build furniture which we donate to special needs children. I'd like to talk to you or Phil to find out more of what to do as this is my first time doing anything like this.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Talking with Phil S yesterday he suggested that made4me.org display our cardboard furniture at the booth also. We're hoping to get volunteers to help build furniture which we donate to special needs children. I'd like to talk to you or Phil to find out more of what to do as this is my first time doing anything like this.
Doug, (@Millmarks) I am running into a meeting but if my pea-brain can remember, I will send you a PM with contact information so we can have a discussion.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will be there all day Friday and Saturday, and will be a greeter and look good as always.;)
MUCH appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again!
Bring a friend or "Guilt" one into coming with you! LOL

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS