Klingspor Discount ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
I have been buying stuff at Klingspor since moving here in July and have yet to get a discount on any purchase. When I ask the counter person, they say they don't know anything about the discount program because it is run from Hickory. I can't believe everything I have purchased is not on the discount list.

I purchased from Woodcraft while in Michigan for the 20 years I was there and also for the 16 years I was in Fredericksburg. I therefore have 36 years of good experience with Woodcraft and zero faith in Klingspor. Apparently I don't know the secret handshake.

David Turner
North raleigh

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hopefully, Paul (from The Klingspor Raleigh store) will chime in here.

David, you are discount qualified, so you should get your 10% on "most" items. I do believe there are things that are not included, but ask for Paul the next time you are in the store and it is likely he can get this straightened out for you.

NCJim

Jim
User
I was at the Hickory Store a couple weeks back and was told nothing on sale or with a cord is discounted!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Klingspor gives us off 10% on everything EXCEPT power tools, wood and already on sale items. Items that you can apply your discount to include but are not limited to: sandpaper, glue, finishes, books, turning tools, lathe chucks, dust collector parts, carving tools, saw blades, pen kits, dust masks, hinges, etc.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not sure how long you've been DQ but we send the list of DQ eligible changes to Klingspor once a month. Until they receive that they will not have updated their computer system with your information. As long as you stay DQ then they should be able to update your status the next time we send them an update assuming that has not already happened.

Are you sure that you opted in to the Klingspor Discount Program. There is a checkbox near the end of your profile status page that allows you to opt in to their discount program. This is because you are agreeing for us to send them some of your private information. We don't automatically do so for privacy reasons.

At the top right of this page click on Settings then on the left click General Settings and scroll down until you see this:

Capture1117.JPG

Make sure the option to send Klingspor your information is selected. If not, select it and be sure to save your changes down at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helped.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have been buying stuff at Klingspor since moving here in July and have yet to get a discount on any purchase. When I ask the counter person, they say they don't know anything about the discount program because it is run from Hickory. I can't believe everything I have purchased is not on the discount list.

I purchased from Woodcraft while in Michigan for the 20 years I was there and also for the 16 years I was in Fredericksburg. I therefore have 36 years of good experience with Woodcraft and zero faith in Klingspor. Apparently I don't know the secret handshake.

David Turner
North raleigh

PM sent

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
David you are Opt IN now. In addition Coleman, the GM at Klingspor has offered to extend you the discount effective immediately. Normally your discount does not start until after the monthly file is sent. The next monthly file will not go until 11/30.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Ken and Scott. The "OPT IN" options were never explained to me.

David Turner
North Raleigh

Glad it is worked out now. This trips up several members unfortunately, but we err on the side of protecting members privacy over sharing their information willy-nilly. That is why it is an opt-in versus an opt-out option for us. Just part of our overall policy to protect your privacy unless you want us to do otherwise for your benefit.

Thanks for your understanding of why we do what we do.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
David you are Opt IN now. In addition Coleman, the GM at Klingspor has offered to extend you the discount effective immediately. Normally your discount does not start until after the monthly file is sent. The next monthly file will not go until 11/30.
Scott,
Thank you for jumping into this and helping straiten it out.

MUCH appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS