Klingspor’s Yellow Van ?

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
This morning I saw a yellow Klingspors van driving around and was curious. Are those for delivering machinery our what ?

Forgive my ignorance here..

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
Correct me if I'm wrong Coleman but, I expect that was a Klingspor Abrasives van. Klingspor Woodworking Shop's parent company and one of the largest abrasives companies in the world. That's also why Klingspor sandpaper is so good. Papa company makes pretty good stuff.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
IIRC, the principal reason that Klingspor's parent company has a presence in the NC Piedmont is the historic prominence of furniture manufacturers here, hence the need for LOTS of sandpaper. And as they say, "The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." In other words, they make good stuff but it ain't cheap, either.

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Hello all,

The Klingspor Yellow Vans that you see are Autobody vans. They make calls to autobody shops around NC and in several other states. This is not Klingspor's Woodworking Shop, however we do have one as well that we use on small deliveries when the liftgate is not needed. It is typically in the Hickory area only unless our team is going to a show somewhere else - like the Charlotte Woodcarving Show or the Greensboro Woodturning Symposium, for example. The difference in our van and theirs - Ours has the Logo of our company on it and a huge painted I ❤️ WOOD on the back.....

Hope this helps.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS