Kit question(update w/pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
One of the kits that I have is missing the brass tube - it is longer then the extra ones that I have - would it be ok to take the shorter ones and piece them together in the blank and then cut it off - I don't see a problem but I thought that I would ask the experts first

timf67

New User
Tim
Re: Kit question

I'm no expert, but it sounds like a great solution to me! :icon_thum I would cut them so that the "joint" is in the middle of the pen section so that the press fit parts aren't putting any pressure on the "joint"

PChristy

New User
Phillip

I'm no expert, but it sounds like a great solution to me! :icon_thum I would cut them so that the "joint" is in the middle of the pen section so that the press fit parts aren't putting any pressure on the "joint"

That is what I would do if it was a pen kit but it is a coffee scoop - nothing is pressed into the tube like a pen - just need a tenon on one end and the other end screws onto the scoop shaft holding the turned handle on - I am going to give it a try - if there is anything inside of the tube it will be cleaned out when I square it up anyway - thanks Tim:icon_thum

timf67

New User
Tim

That is what I would do if it was a pen kit but it is a coffee scoop - nothing is pressed into the tube like a pen - just need a tenon on one end and the other end screws onto the scoop shaft holding the turned handle on - I am going to give it a try - if there is anything inside of the tube it will be cleaned out when I square it up anyway - thanks Tim:icon_thum

Sounds like the tube is just for setting the length and for centering on your mandrel. You can probably get away with just using a short tube centered in the blank and just make sure you cut and square your blank to the correct length.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Ted picked up the kits for me while he was in Greensboro last week thanks Ted:icon_thum This is a piece of BloodWood turned with the end grain - four coats of ShellaWax

blood_wood_scoop.jpg

View image in gallery

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Phillip,

That turned out great. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm glad you found a solution. :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS