King size Cherry bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanmarman2007

New User
Jody
0118111040aa.jpg

Took some pics of our bed I finished last fall, thought I would share with you guys.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Re: King size dherry bed

WOW!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

That sure is a nice looking bed. A lot of joinery going on there!:elvis:

Sure is a great finishing job as well.

I could easily get lost in a bed that large. I am sure that it will outlast a lot of us and be appreciated for many years to come.

Well done!

Wayne

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

Nice work.:icon_thum:icon_thumThat looks like a lot of thought went into it. excellent craftsmanship.

Glennbear

Glenn

Nice looking design, about 1/3 through the footboard I would have run out of spindle patience :gar-La;

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason

Beautiful work! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap My hands are hurting just looking at all of the M&T joints! :swoon:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

You did some job.:eusa_clap How long did it take to do all those slats?

yanmarman2007

New User
Jody

The whole project took me about 2 weeks, the spindles took maybe 3 days. The finishing really was a nightmare.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

Wow. Two weeks to create a wonderful project like that.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member

Beautiful looking bed there,like you said,finishing had to be a booger.
Tony

JimD

Jim
Senior User

Bed looks great! I made my daughter a queen sized bed of cherry that is somewhat similar in design but the slats are 2 inches wide so there are a lot less of them. I sprayed it and finishing was not so bad except I was using my then new Fuji hvlp and had a hard time getting the balance between getting a wet enough coat to avoid orange peel and avoiding runs. I ended up sanding out runs in at least a few spots after each coat. Did you spray? If not, I can believe it would be a huge pain to finish all those spindles.

Jim

M

McRabbet

A beautiful piece of work and a family heirloom, for sure! Hope you don't mind -- I fixed the Thread title and trust I got it right...

yanmarman2007

New User
Jody

Hey Jim, yes I spray finish. I use to do a lot of brush on poly, untill a close friend of mine taught me how to spray finish. Hopefully I'll never pick up a brush or sponge again. Thanks, Jody
P.S. My wife said my head is starting to swell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors