Kidney shaped table-added curved legs and bottom shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.

thsb

New User
Tim
I just couldn't reconcile my straight legs after posting pictures up here because i realize the legs just didn't correspond to the table top:

maple table-straight leg.JPG

So, i decided on a curved leg and ended up going with four legs instead of three as I wasn't sure how to add the bottom shelf with only 3 legs, or at least not in a way that i thought would look good. I struggled with how to fit a kidney shape in the lower shelf while keeping the same proportions, but accomplished that by creating two small cuts that allowed the piece to extend past the legs on the wide side.

Maple table 1.jpg
maple table 2.jpg
maple table 3.jpg

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well, Tim, those are some crazy looking legs! I mean that in that in a good way. Outward bend of the legs with all of that character on display is wild! You have a wicked sense of form and fantasy! I am blown away.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I like it. Everything seems to be in tune now.

I have been struggling with a couple tables for several months now and still not sure how to proceed. May drop that project for now and move on to something else.

You hit that one out of the stadium.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I really like that a lot :) great way to show off that crazy electric old growth quarter sawn hard maple. You really let the wood speak to you and accomplished a awesome one of a kind table in the process. Way to go :thumbs_up wished i had that kind of vision.

I know that maple aint easy to work, so you must have some time and sweat in that. So glad you went with a clear finish and tossed out the stain for thia project.

Kind of curious what Rob is going to make out of his.;

Last edited:

thsb

New User
Tim
Jeff, that wood is so pretty that i just want to plane it and show it off. the second shelf isn't going to get much attention but the grain is spectacular in it's own right.thank you for the opportunity to use it.
maple table 3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS